Top GM Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Nothing about Hunter's tenure with the Leafs, where he seemed to be largely in charge of their draft, makes me encouraged about him as a GM.
Marner, Dermott..

It’s too early to tell how he did with the draft but those were hits.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
They should NOT hire someone who has been fired or stepped down. Eg lombardi Burke etc.

Instead try to poach someone from a strong organization eg Winnipeg Pittsburgh etc.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I"m worried it'll be Dean Lombardi.

A lot of the good candidates from before are gone like Brisebois.

Steve Yzerman is obviously my top choice, but it won't happen.

I'd be down for Kelly McCrimmon.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I would prefer someone whos more patient and not prone to knee jerking moves. I hope they do an exhaustive interview process and do a cleanse. I don’t know who the right guy is but I like the idea of a Hextall or Francis. I watched Hextalls presser when he was fired and it made me respect him more. Guy didn’t give flyers alumni privileges and wasnt willing to sell assets for quick fixes because he felt the team wasn’t ready. As above poster mentioned, analyze whos makes Winnipegs drafting choices. Whoever that person is, has done a pretty great job.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Alright guys who are Tampa Bay, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh and Nashville's assistant GM ? :naughty:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Alright guys who are Tampa Bay, Winnipeg, Pittsburgh and Nashville's assistant GM ? :naughty:

Tampa Bay already hired BriseBois in house, and Minnesota hired Fenton (who made a very questionable trade already)

Pittsburgh - Bill Guerin
Winnipeg - Craig Heisinger
Vegas - Kelly McCrimmon

Reactions: 780il

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It will be an insider hire now. Chia proved to you all what a mistake it is for the OBC to hire outside the club.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If they want someone to really, and I mean truly clean up, Hextall is the man. Unfortunately most fans and management probably don't have the patience to see that through

potatochip

Jan 10, 2019
MacT will get rehired

Imagine his job interview with Klowe.

KLown - " Well MacT, why should we hire u for this position?"

MacT -" I know a thing or two about winning"

KLown - "remind me, how many cups u won?
"
Klown/MacT fist bump and all their rings clang together.

Klown-" good enough for me!"

Klown tells Katz "we found our guy! Cancel the interviews with Hextall/Hunter and Yzerman"

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If they want someone to really, and I mean truly clean up, Hextall is the man. Unfortunately most fans and management probably don't have the patience to see that through

Hex did stick by his guy knowing that his team wasn't ready to contend.
Patience would be required to get out from several contracts. $72 million projected cap hit for next season with this current roster. Yikes!!! Kassian/Spooner/Manning come off after next season, which saves $7 million. Then see what to do about the $9.5 million in Russell/Sekeras for 20-21.

Only issue I had with his tenure in Philly was not moving Giroux. Drafted in 2006, so he was unlikely to have many prime years left to be a key part of a contending team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad