Top Dmen for 06 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
Erik Johnson from USA, ISS has him to low at 7. Redline has him at 3 which I think is good. Mckeens has him at 5 which is also accurate. I think he wil go number 2. I also think Sanguinetti could be taken in the top 10, he is a very smooth player and fun to watch. Corrente could slip in to the first round to.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
Eric Johnson NTDP top 5
Mark Mitera Michigan top 15
Nigel Williams NTDP top 20
Tysen Dowzak Kelowna top 25

*Note: All above players are American

Ben Shutron Kingston top 30
Lukas Bohunicky Kootenay top 30
Yuri Alexandrov Severstal Cherepovets top 30

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I have a feeling David Ruzicka will be the best defensmen, usually people in this site are in the "what are you doing now" mind set and Johnson is getting loads of hype as the next Pronger. People seem to forget that Ruzicka was probably the best overall defensmen in the under 18 lst year, the only line of defense for the Czechs really. He was a beast on the ice.

CoolburnIsGone

Jason MacIsaac said:
I have a feeling David Ruzicka will be the best defensmen, usually people in this site are in the "what are you doing now" mind set and Johnson is getting loads of hype as the next Pronger. People seem to forget that Ruzicka was probably the best overall defensmen in the under 18 lst year, the only line of defense for the Czechs really. He was a beast on the ice.
I have to agree about all the hype surrounding Johnson already. I'm waiting to see where CSB has Ruzicka and Johnson in the prelim rankings.

What's the scouting report on Ruzicka? Comparable to whom exactly?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Coolburn said:
I have to agree about all the hype surrounding Johnson already. I'm waiting to see where CSB has Ruzicka and Johnson in the prelim rankings.

What's the scouting report on Ruzicka? Comparable to whom exactly?
Very comparable to Pitkanen at that age. A little more physical IMO and less offensive upside.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:

It's not just people at Hockey's Future that are hyping Erik Johnson. He's getting alot of praise from all the scouting services, and frankly, he deserves it. He has everything you want in a prototype defenseman: size, speed, a big shot, a bit of a mean streak, and a strong defensive presence. That doesn't mean a guy like Ruzicka won't be better, but because we do deal in the "here and now" it's unlikely he'll be drafted ahead of Johnson, who IMO could go as high as two.

Last edited:

CoolburnIsGone

Jason MacIsaac said:
Very comparable to Pitkanen at that age. A little more physical IMO and less offensive upside.
Ahh, so we really are looking at 2002 all over again...Bouwmeester vs Pitkanen/Johnson vs Ruzicka.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
It's not just people at Hockey's Future that are hyping Erik Johnson. He's getting alot of praise from all the scouting services, and frankly, he deserves it. He's has everything you want in a prototype defenseman: size, speed, a big shot, a bit of a mean streak, and a strong defensive presence. That doesn't mean a guy like Ruzicka won't be better, but because we do deal in the "here and now" it's unlikely he'll be drafted ahead of Johnson, who IMO could go as high as two.
The people that deal in the here and now are the ones who can't draft for ****. Its all about projection in the future.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
The people that deal in the here and now are the ones who can't draft for ****. Its all about projection in the future.

True, but I don't know of too many people who would say Ruzicka has more long-term potential than Erik Johnson.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here's how one scouting service has the top defensemen ranked:

1) Erik Johnson
2) Mark Mitera
3) Nigel Williams
4) Tyson Dowzak
5) Ben Shutron
6) Lukas Bohunicky
7) Yuri Alexandrov
8) John de Gray
9) Mathieu Carle
10) Bob Sanguinetti

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Erik Johnson USA
The best package in the draft just like a Jack Johnson type.

Bobby Sanguinetti OWE
Magic with the puck, a puck rushing d-man who can ignite any offense with his slick hands and vision on the ice.

Yuri Alexandrov
Playing in the super league this year, he is an offensive force on the ice and could be a bit underrated even if he is picked in the top 20, this guy is going to be an offensive dman with star potential.

Ivan Vishnevsky
Offense and a booming shot, loves to go into the offensive end and is very smart and responsible.

Matthieu Carle
A tank on skates, great at both ends of the ice and does alot of little things right, he has magic hands and is tough...he does it all.

David Ruzicka CZE
A defensive d-man with limited offensive potential, very good, takes brain cramps sometime though.

Josh Degray BRA
Great at both ends...plays strong and tough and is not scared to hit.

Tyson Dowzak KEL
Very tough and strong...very big and uses it.

Ben Shutron
Anthoer offensive d-man who can spark many plays from the blueline.

Andrew Bodnarchuk
Small but is a super slick and fast skater with magic hands and great ability at both ends of the rink...he is the total package on the ice and if he was taller he would be there with Erik Johnson.

Mark Materia
Great all around d-man for the draft...not a stand out but does everything right and is able to chip in offensivly as well.

Jiri Suchy
Physical and tough...loves to hit and is great at adding offensve and defense to the team...only draw back is he takes brain cramps here and there with his thoughts.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
scoutman1 said:
Erik Johnson USA

Bobby Sanguinetti OWE
Magic with the puck, a puck rushing d-man who can ignite any offense with his slick hands and vision on the ice.

Yuri Alexandrov
Playing in the super league this year, he is an offensive force on the ice and could be a bit underrated even if he is picked in the top 20, this guy is going to be an offensive dman with star potential.

Ivan Vishnevsky
Offense and a booming shot, loves to go into the offensive end and is very smart and responsible.

Matthieu Carle
A tank on skates, great at both ends of the ice and does alot of little things right, he has magic hands and is tough...he does it all.

David Ruzicka CZE
A defensive d-man with limited offensive potential, very good, takes brain cramps sometime though.

Josh Degray BRA

Tyson Dowzak KEL

Ben Shutron

Andrew Bodnarchuk
Small but is a super slick and fast skater with magic hands and great ability at both ends of the rink...he is the total package on the ice and if he was taller he would be there with Erik Johnson.

Mark Materia
Great all around d-man for the draft...not a stand out but does everything right and is able to chip in offensivly as well.

Jiri Suchy
Physical and tough...loves to hit and is great at adding offensve and defense to the team...only draw back is he takes brain cramps here and there with his thoughts.
I agree, I think sanguinetti will be the second D-man drafted after Johnson. Dowzak, Williams, and Metera are not even close to him in skill and skating.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
scoutman1 said:
Erik Johnson USA

Bobby Sanguinetti OWE

Yuri Alexandrov

Ivan Vishnevsky

Matthieu Carle

David Ruzicka CZE

Josh Degray BRA

Tyson Dowzak KEL

Ben Shutron

Andrew Bodnarchuk

Mark Materia

Jiri Suchy

Where do you see most of these guys going Johnson is the only one there seems to be a concensus on for top 5 where will the others land?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
What's the concensus about Nathan Martine: Where would you rate him, what's his style and his potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->