News Article: Top College Free Agents 2015

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
With the Kings potentially cap/cash strapped and looking to get younger next year on the 3rd line, would DL consider a forward from the college ranks
THis articlre features 9 notable FA's that look to be ready to sign on an NHL dotted line

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/30/top-college-hockey-free-agents-2015

This kid sounds like he'd be a good fit not only for the 3rd line but the character mold that DL likes

Tanner Kero, Michigan Tech, senior center

The WCHA’s leading scorer, Player and Student-Athlete of the Year and a Hobey Baker finalist, Kero has done everything he can this season to catch the attention of NHL teams. He plays a hard-nosed, high energy game that should translate well to the pros. Projects as a depth center who can contribute at both ends of the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would be nice, but what tsanuri said, and I think it was on LAKI that Futa et. al. didn't see anyone they were going after this year.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
When was the last college free agent the Kings signed? O'Neill? It hasn't been something they do very often IIRC

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When was the last college free agent the Kings signed? O'Neill? It hasn't been something they do very often IIRC

In the grand scheme of things its a nice idea, a cheap, free-to-acquire asset that's usually age-ready for the pros, but for competitive teams, it's tough to pull it off since they can't (and shouldn't) promise NHL playing time.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
In the grand scheme of things its a nice idea, a cheap, free-to-acquire asset that's usually age-ready for the pros, but for competitive teams, it's tough to pull it off since they can't (and shouldn't) promise NHL playing time.

I few do make that promise, guaranteed it was part of the package for Toronto to get Bailey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad