NHL Entry Draft Top 8 picks (#6)

Who do you select 6th overall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The best comparable I can come up with for Rossi is Jaden Schwartz.

Another very short but stocky guy that isn't an above-average skater, but puts up a lot of points because of their high-end IQ and vision.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The best comparable I can come up with for Rossi is Jaden Schwartz.

Another very short but stocky guy that isn't an above-average skater, but puts up a lot of points because of their high-end IQ and vision.

That or a Jonathan Marchessault is going to be a safe projection of Rossi imo. Depending on who we get with our first pick I wouldn't mind snagging that caliber of player.

Might not be very sexy, but both Schwartz and Marchessault are playoff warriors and I can easily see Rossi emulating that. He has a very high floor. Someone mentioned a super pageau and thats exactly right.JG Pageau but with elite vision, thats money.

But I am very high on Rossi. I think he's one of the best play-makers to come out of juniors recently.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Perfetti , Raymond, Rossi can go in any order .... pick your poison. Any other choice is below them at 5,6,7

Quinn, Holtz, Lundell. Sanderson just don't meet the standard imo. Askarov may but I am not taking a goalie top 10

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Perfetti , Raymond, Rossi can go in any order .... pick your poison. Any other choice is below them at 5,6,7

Quinn, Holtz, Lundell. Sanderson just don't meet the standard imo. Askarov may but I am not taking a goalie top 10
Sanderson is in the 4-8 tier, he's above those guys for sure

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sanderson is in the 4-8 tier, he's above those guys for sure
I'm sure he is on some lists maybe the Sens too. 8 is where I would put him in relation to 5,6,7 (Raymond/ Rossi/ Perfetti) but There would be disagreement in that group for sure

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm sure he is on some lists maybe the Sens too. 8 is where I would put him in relation to 5,6,7 (Raymond/ Rossi/ Perfetti) but There would be disagreement in that group for sure
We know he is higher than 4 on some lists, yeah the 5-8 group will be very different on teams lists with probably 10+ different names on it, We know all those above guys, along with Sanderson aren't on multiple teams top 8 lists

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Quinn, Holtz, Lundell, Askarov and Sanderson are absolutely in the same tier as Rossi, Raymond and Perfetti. Thats an artificial tier youre setting up that isnt accurate. They are all roughly the same level prospects. I wouldn't draft a goalie as high because i dont like the risk but Askarov is there.

I find it shocking that an Ottawa board has Quinn so low comparatively. The likes of Button and the top OHL scout on the board has him there but you guys dont. I guess not many hf posters follow the 67s very closely.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Quinn, Holtz, Lundell, Askarov and Sanderson are absolutely in the same tier as Rossi, Raymond and Perfetti. Thats an artificial tier youre setting up that isnt accurate. They are all roughly the same level prospects. I wouldn't draft a goalie as high because i dont like the risk but Askarov is there.

I find it shocking that an Ottawa board has Quinn so low comparatively. The likes of Button and the top OHL scout on the board has him there but you guys dont. I guess not many hf posters follow the 67s very closely.
I did say there would be disagreement. I knew I could count on you :laugh:
Based soley off McKenzie's rankings where they had Perfetti,Raymond, Rossi at 5,6,7 using a consensus of 10 scouts and the voting seemed pretty close based on the ranges.
Sanderson a case could be made with 2 3rd place votes .. but even though he had 2/10 votes higher than Perfetti, Raymond and Rossi and his Low mark is 11 He had to have several 8/9 votes from the 7 remaining Scouts to push him behind those 3. Still a case can be made.

The ranges were not provided for Holtz and Quinn from what I saw. The only absolute is Lafreniere going 1. After that the tiers would vary depending on who you talk to. I would put Perfetti, Raymond and Rossi in a higher tier than Holtz and Quinn... I am not saying anything is "absolute". You like Quinn and think he belongs there too ,, that's fine I am sure others agree with you and others don't . The scouts that had Byfield 6th probably had him in a different tier than Stutzle.. just a guess since he was outside the top 5.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

The amazing part of this draft is that Holtz and Quinn could easily become the best NHL goal scorers in this draft and Lundell May become a top line centre. Crazy draft depth.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I really like Sanderson. Looks like the rock defender every team needs. I think he's gone between 8-10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad