Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The top 5 is set :

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Drysdale

Let's see who the ''worst'' player we can get with our 2nd pick is if we have bad luck on Friday night... :huh:

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is where it gets really tough...

I like Rossi a lot, I think he could be an absolute stud that plays a complete game, but I think Perfetti has a higher ceiling if he can round out his game. Sanderson also gets my attention, I think he is going to be that quintessential stud #1 Dman that every team wants; he's going to play 25 mins a night shutting down the oppositions best players while adding some pretty good offense along the way,

I'm leaning towards Perfetti these days, but flip a coin because I like all three quite a bit.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Given we have a clear top 7 (based on this poll being so close), I am now expecting that we're going to draft Quinn and Askarov just to shit on any excitement we fans might have.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is where it gets really tough...

I like Rossi a lot, I think he could be an absolute stud that plays a complete game, but I think Perfetti has a higher ceiling if he can round out his game. Sanderson also gets my attention, I think he is going to be that quintessential stud #1 Dman that every team wants; he's going to play 25 mins a night shutting down the oppositions best players while adding some pretty good offense along the way,

I'm leaning towards Perfetti these days, but flip a coin because I like all three quite a bit.

We'll give you the Perfetti vote this time as long as you vote Rossi on the tie breaker

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Not as big a fan of Perfetti.

Sanderson looks like Lindholm to me, with a bit less offensive skill. It's that new style of defence that is so active and fluid that it looks like offense when you're watching it. Plays guys so tightly it just chokes off all space. That guy is going to be a star on the PK.

Rossi is great too.

Byfield + Perfetti would be my worst case scenario i think. They'll both be good, but give me any two of laff, stutzle, drysdale, raymond, rossi, or Sanderson (in that order) and I'm a happy guy.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Rossi is definitely not a guy I want with either pick, but will obviously trust the scouts if they were to pick him, they’ve forgotten more than most of us know about scouting.

I don’t think he will be on the Sens top 6 though.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Rossi is definitely not a guy I want with either pick, but will obviously trust the scouts if they were to pick him, they’ve forgotten more than most of us know about scouting.

Yeah same, I am going to trust the scouts but I am not as high on Rossi.

For me, I want two of Laf Byfield Stutzle Perfetti and Raymond

I also really like Quinn but dont know how high he will go - seeing more ratings with him in the top 10

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So, TWO of this list coming our way. This is a good Draft outcome. Be nice to win No1, but there are other impactful players in our spots no matter 1-6. The debate will continue as to who we draft once our spots are declared, but its a good news story any way it plays.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

If you imagine a team on the ice down a goal in the last minutes of a playoff series and have a bench full of all the guys listed (why/how you’d have a bench full of those guys?? Don’t worry about it),
Who are you tapping on the shoulder first outside of the obvious laf?
I can see Rossi getting the call ahead of all those top five (after laf).

Relevant? Interesting thought experiment anyway.

(I see Rossi as a superPageau)

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you imagine a team on the ice down a goal in the last minutes of a playoff series and have a bench full of all the guys listed (why/how you’d have a bench full of those guys?? Don’t worry about it),
Who are you tapping on the shoulder first outside of the obvious laf?
I can see Rossi getting the call ahead of all those top five (after laf).

Relevant? Interesting thought experiment anyway.
Sure, and teams may well see it that way. Not how I see it, but that’s just my opinion on the matter. Right now? Probably Rossi. In 2-3 years, likely not Rossi.

Looking at Rossi’s stats in splits as points against good OHL teams vs. points against bad OHL teams give me slight concern, though I am aware it is not a very good or exact science.

Reactions: QuietOnTheFront

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not sure why Perfetti gets discounted so much around here. Skating can be improved, maybe not to McDavid levels but good enough to thrive in NHL. Think he has a higher ceiling than Rossi, which is what I hope we aim for with these picks. Ever since watching him at the Hlinka last summer I have been hoping we would end up with him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Given we have a clear top 7 (based on this poll being so close), I am now expecting that we're going to draft Quinn and Askarov just to shit on any excitement we fans might have.

Quinn is a superb player. I dont think you will see Askarov get picked that high by any team.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
1191576252.jpg.0.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I just hope they land Byfield with one of those two first picks, the only guys I don't want from the top 10 is Rossi, Perfetti & Raymond.

1. Byfield & Lafreniere
2. Byfield & Stutzle
3. Byfield & Drysdale
4. Byfield & Sanderson
5. Byfield & Quinn/Holtz

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Quinn is a superb player. I dont think you will see Askarov get picked that high by any team.
Agreed. NJ has three picks in the first rd & given how Schneider & their other goalies have played it wouldn't surprise me at all to see NJ pick Askarov with their 10th pick. Quinn is a superb player, I have him up right up there with Holtz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad