Top 77 in 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Here is my Top 77 in this years upcoming draft(hopefully). I picked 77 because of Ray Bourque. I WOULD appreciate any types of opinions. Be bad or good. Anyways here is the list.

1. F Sidney Crosby QMJHL
2. F Gilbert Brule WHL
3. F Guillaume Latendresse QMJHL
4. D Jakub Kindl CZE
5. D Jack Johnson NCAA
6. F Daniel Bertram NCAA
7. F Andrew Cogliano OPJRA
8. D Vitaly Anikeenko RUS
9. F Chris Durand WHL
10. F Niklas Bergfors SWE
11. F Bobby Ryan OHL
12. G Tuukka Rask FIN
13. F Marek Zagrapan QMJHL
14. D Matt Lashoff OHL
15. G J.P. Levasseur QMJHL
16. F Devin Setoguchi WHL
17. F Ryan O'Marra OHL
18.F Michael Blunden OHL
19. D Teemu Laakso FIN
20. F Christoph Gawlick GER
21. D Marc Staal OHL
22. G Ryan Mior QMJHL
23.D Jakub Vojta CZE
24. F Gennady Churilov QMJHL
25. F Daniel Ryder OHL
26. Denis Istomin, F, Russia
27. Nick Drazenovic, C,(WHL)
28. F Alex Bourret QMJHL
29. G Carey Price WHL
30. D J.P. Paquet QMJHL
31. D Ryan Wilson, OHL D
32. DLuc Bourdon QMJHL
33. D Risto Korhonen FIN
34. Anze Kopitar, F, Slovenia
35. DVyacheslav Buravchikov RUS
36. D Ray Macias WHL
37. F Ilya Zubov RUS
38. G Alexandre Vincent QMJHL
39. Miika Lahti, F, Finland
40. D Brendan Mikkelson WHL
41. F Sergei Kostitsyn BEL
42. F T.J. Hensick NCAA
43. Alexander Sundström, F, Sweden
44. F Jack SKille USA
45. Morten Madsen, F, Denmark
46. Marek Bartanus, F, Slovakia
47. D Mike Gauthier WHL
48. D Kyle Lamb, D, OHL
49. F Mikko Lehtonen FIN
50. F Egor Zharkov QMJHL
51. Scott Jackson, D, WHL
52. Dustin Kohn ,D, (WHL)
53. D Ryan Parent OHL
54. F Patrick Davis OHL
55. D Patrick McNeill OHL
56. F Brock Bradford USHL
57. D Devereaux Heshmatpour OHL
58. Tom Wandell, F, Sweden
59. F Justin Saulnier QMJHL
60. F Martin Hanzal CZE
61.D Tomas Kudelka CZE
62 D Andrei Zubarev RUS
63 Adam Hobson, F, (WHL)
64 DAndrew Andricopoulos QMJHL
65 D Phil Oreskovich OHL
66 Alex Sopin, F, Russia
67 Nate Hagemo ,D, USA
68 Vladimir Sobotka, F, Czech Republic
69 Erkka Leppanen, Finland
70 F Nathan Gerbe, F, USA
71 Alexander Bumagin, LW, Russia
72 Riley Merkley, F, Canada
73 F Ryan Stoa USA
74 Perttu Lindgren, F, Finland
75 Vladimar Kovac G, Slovakia
76 D Mike Stuart USA
77 Marc Andre Cote, F, QMJHL

Last edited:

creepycrawler

Sep 21, 2004
Bertram Too High

I think after his performance at the U18 this summer, he isn't at the elite prospect level. At 5'8 and just 170 lbs, I don't see him going much earlier than the 2nd round. That is where he belongs.

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
i still cant understand how people are able to rank prospects so early like this

im just curious, have u seen all these players actually play, or is this just ur compliation of what others have talked about?

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
There is no way he falls out of the Top 15 let alone Top 30. You are right though, i think i have rated him to high but not by 30 spots...probably 1 or 2.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
CapitalPunishment55 said:
i still cant understand how people are able to rank prospects so early like this

im just curious, have u seen all these players actually play, or is this just ur compliation of what others have talked about?
Well obviously i have not seen everyone play however have seen alot. Alot of this is from other Mock Drafts(definately the best help) and sites that give player profiles and projections for the 05 Draft. Really it is too early in the year and with the players from 20-50 being so close...lots of changes will occur

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
creppycrawler said:
I think after his performance at the U18 this summer, he isn't at the elite prospect level. At 5'8 and just 170 lbs, I don't see him going much earlier than the 2nd round. That is where he belongs.

Are you serious? He played very solid there. Not the best, but solid.

He's got the best wheels in the draft IMO and some sick puck skills.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I see both Stoa and Setoguchi being early choices for risers. Setoguchi, IMO will go top 10. I've said that for a while now. We'll see in a few months.

Stoa looks solid. Here's hoping he can put it together.

Do yout hink Gawlick will opt out this year with the injury? It might be smart, since he'd probably go higher in 2006 if he keeps the solid play up.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I was actually thinkin the same thing. He was looking like a Top 15 pick and now with that injury and it being so close between 20-50, he could fall to the mid second round. I would certainly like to be that team that picks him. I love this guy. If he opts out of the 05...he could go Top 10 in 06 for sure

X-SHARKIE

Newfie Bruin said:
I was actually thinkin the same thing. He was looking like a Top 15 pick and now with that injury and it being so close between 20-50, he could fall to the mid second round. I would certainly like to be that team that picks him. I love this guy. If he opts out of the 05...he could go Top 10 in 06 for sure

If he's as good as he sounds, Sharks well look to take him lol.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
creppycrawler said:

Hmm, interesting. The first post he makes and it's something that very very few people would even consider. A consensus top 10 pick dropping to the 2nd round "where he belongs". I wouldn't count on it.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Overall, very nicely done.

Just a few comments, and I apologize if they seem overly negative.

I think Bergfors, Bourret, and Sobotka will all go higher than you have them ranked here.

And sorry, but unless this kid is the second coming of Gretzky, I can't see any Junior A player going 7th overall. If he's good enough to go that high, why isn't he playing in the CHL? I think a scouting report of some kind is definitely in order here, since most of us Yanks don't have access to a whole lot of background on the junior A guys...

I agree with most of the players you have on that list, but I'd probably make the above changes in order, and a few others as well. Tuukka Rask, for example, could easily find himself hyped into the top ten, and could just as easily play himself into it, or out of it.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Brian Weidler said:
And sorry, but unless this kid is the second coming of Gretzky, I can't see any Junior A player going 7th overall.

You never know. If a high school kid can go 5th, then a Junior A player can easily go 7th.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Nice list. I'd like to see guys like Rabbit and Truhno in there, but right now, I really have no idea if they belong.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
I can't see Mior being a first round pick. He is the back-up right now on PEI to Jonathan Boutin, and the way that Boutin is playing, he will staying the back-up for the season, unless Boutin gets traded if PEI falls later on in the season.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
steblick said:
Cogliano could easily play in the OHL and be one of its top players, but he is trying to keep his NCAA eligibility- hence the Jr.A league.

IMO he is doing wrong staying in JR A this year Brock Bradford relized this and changed leagues. If there is a draft this year he could slip in the draft because IMO scouts are going to want to see what he can do in better compition leagues rather than Jr A IMO. I really think he would be better off going USHL rather than staying another year in Ontario Jr A for St Mikes.

I really think he would have been better going OHL route myself.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
moosefan said:
IMO he is doing wrong staying in JR A this year Brock Bradford relized this and changed leagues. If there is a draft this year he could slip in the draft because IMO scouts are going to want to see what he can do in better compition leagues rather than Jr A IMO. I really think he would be better off going USHL rather than staying another year in Ontario Jr A for St Mikes.

I really think he would have been better going OHL route myself.

I agree. It's not the challenge he needs at this point in his career.

Reilly311

Newfie Bruin said:
17. F Ryan O'Marra OHL
18.F Michael Blunden OHL

O....K, I've seen these guys play pretty much every game in Erie and they suck.

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
Newfie Bruin said:
Well obviously i have not seen everyone play however have seen alot. Alot of this is from other Mock Drafts(definately the best help) and sites that give player profiles and projections for the 05 Draft. Really it is too early in the year and with the players from 20-50 being so close...lots of changes will occur

thats cool though. good list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad