Value of: Top 6 winger or PMD to Vancouver

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
It's very evident without Edler, Beartschi and Boeser our top 6 and back end puck moving is lacking to support Horvat and Petterson.

We have a glut of bottom sixers all whom seem to be decent penalty killers and injuries to Sutter and Beagle who anchor our 3rd and 4th lines. Once we get these players back others will be sent down to accommodate ie. Archibald, Gaunce, Gaudette, Leipsic.

Of our current top six we have lines of:

Schaller Horvat Virtanen
Goldobin Petterson Eriksson

Of these 6 players besides Horvat and Petterson only Virtanen and Goldobin have earned spots to play there this year.

Virtanen has been good this year I think he can put it together and be in the top six but for now he should be on our third line until that happens.

Goldobin has been good but have to temper expectations even though playing with Petterson they are both still figuring things out on a nightly basis. He brings creativity and has shown he can create space for himself to work with Petterson. Still, would rather see him in the third line playing on the 2nd PP unit.

Not looking for young snipers, flashy names or regarded top 4 dmen to come to Vancouver just a player or two that can fill these roles for a year or so on decent enough contracts. Our insulation vets in Gagner and Eriksson obviously failed and I am hoping Eriksson is either somehow traded or shipped to Robidas island by the tdl. Age isn't a concern tbh we just need players that can actually hanlde a top six role and have a positive effect on our two centremen.

No player is really off the table besides our obvious young building blocks. Teams that have struggled on the pk make for a good trading partner as we have them in spades.

Some players I've thought of are:
Nick Bjustad
Gus Nyquist
Vlad Namestnikov
Kevin Hayes
Alec Martinez

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
It's very evident without Edler, Beartschi and Boeser our top 6 and back end puck moving is lacking to support Horvat and Petterson.

We have a glut of bottom sixers all whom seem to be decent penalty killers and injuries to Sutter and Beagle who anchor our 3rd and 4th lines. Once we get these players back others will be sent down to accommodate ie. Archibald, Gaunce, Gaudette, Leipsic.

Of our current top six we have lines of:

Schaller Horvat Virtanen
Goldobin Petterson Eriksson

Of these 6 players besides Horvat and Petterson only Virtanen and Goldobin have earned spots to play there this year.

Virtanen has been good this year I think he can put it together and be in the top six but for now he should be on our third line until that happens.

Goldobin has been good but have to temper expectations even though playing with Petterson they are both still figuring things out on a nightly basis. He brings creativity and has shown he can create space for himself to work with Petterson. Still, would rather see him in the third line playing on the 2nd PP unit.

Not looking for young snipers, flashy names or regarded top 4 dmen to come to Vancouver just a player or two that can fill these roles for a year or so on decent enough contracts. Our insulation vets in Gagner and Eriksson obviously failed and I am hoping Eriksson is either somehow traded or shipped to Robidas island by the tdl. Age isn't a concern tbh we just need players that can actually hanlde a top six role and have a positive effect on our two centremen.

No player is really off the table besides our obvious young building blocks. Teams that have struggled on the pk make for a good trading partner as we have them in spades.

Some players I've thought of are:
Nick Bjustad
Gus Nyquist
Vlad Namestnikov
Kevin Hayes
Alec Martinez

The Habs have plenty of wingers (actually too much)
Anyone in the Habs you would like to have ?

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
The Habs have plenty of wingers (actually too much)
Anyone in the Habs you would like to have ?

Looking at the roster there are about 3 guys id say are availble in Hudon, Sherbak and Armia. Canucks already have a few players like Sherbak and Hudon. Armia on the other hand I could see working out well with Bo or Petterson. Would a player like Granlund be of interest or a 3rd -4th round pick. Not sure what his value would be considering he's already been traded once this year.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Vlad Namestnikov is more likely available at TDL in March 2019.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He had 48 pts last year and he looks much better now compare to beginning of this season and I guess it depends on his production until the TDL next year.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Should add Barrie to the list imo. He'd be the most expensive but I imagine Colorado isn't going to re-sign him. He has the remainder of this year and next year on his 5.5 contract.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Should add Barrie to the list imo. He'd be the most expensive but I imagine Colorado isn't going to re-sign him. He has the remainder of this year and next year on his 5.5 contract.
Canucks are not going to pay the price for him, maybe we’ll take a shot at him during free agency. But that’s about it.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I'm not interesting in trading futures at all, the team has had a good start but they're nowhere near ready to compete. There's a plethora of wingers slated to be free agents this summer, with the emergence of Pettersson I'm sure a few wouldn't mind coming to Vancouver to play with him.

I'd do everything in my power to get Mark Stone in a Canucks jersey.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
You guys should probably just keep rebuilding. Add some more picks and prospects at the deadline and then wait until free agency to address holes.

Reactions: THE Green Man

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
canucks fan,

i dont mind targetting a below 30 yr old PMD (2nd pairing level) as a stopgap until hughes develops into a top pairing D. maybe one of the philly under 25 D, like hagg or sanheim.
would do:
lind
2nd
woo

for sanheim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad