Value of: Top 6 forward to boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Preferably with some experience playoff or otherwise. Not interested in players having bad years or players who might one day be top 6 forwards. Available is the entire draft board for every year and the entire prospect pool. That includes 2 good goaltenders and a bunch of pretty solid middle of the roster type prospects. Not really interested in subtracting from the current roster unless its debrusk, bjork or a young dman not named mcavoy.

Whats out there? Lets make a deal!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I am interested to see what the Rangers do with Buchnevich.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Wouldn't they try to work out a long term deal after the season? He's taken a nice step forward this season. I doubt the Rangers want DeBrusk and a Boston first for him.
They've kinda got a musical chairs situation going on, except when the music stops, the guy who has a chair instead of ice time loses. Buch is not better than Panarin, kind of tied with Kreider, and if he signs a long term deal, blocks Lafreniere and Kakko and Kravtsov. He's priced himself into a top 6 level salary, so you can't really have him not in the top 6 without messing up the salary structure. What they really need to do is like a 3 for 1 blockbuster. They won't be able to fit all these guys under the cap when all these ELCs run out. I don't know what they will do, but I am interested to see.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Any interest in any of the following? Jeff Carter? Alec Iafallo ? or Andreas Athanasiou ?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They've kinda got a musical chairs situation going on, except when the music stops, the guy who has a chair instead of ice time loses. Buch is not better than Panarin, kind of tied with Kreider, and if he signs a long term deal, blocks Lafreniere and Kakko and Kravtsov. He's priced himself into a top 6 level salary, so you can't really have him not in the top 6 without messing up the salary structure. What they really need to do is like a 3 for 1 blockbuster. They won't be able to fit all these guys under the cap when all these ELCs run out. I don't know what they will do, but I am interested to see.

my guess is a Buch trade is more likely an offseason move and I'd expect that the Rangers can do better than a low first round pick and DeBrusk or whatever prospect Boston would add. I'm not sure that Kravstov belongs in the discussion with those other guys, but I get your point.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think Palmieri would fit nicely in BOS, at 50 per cent he could fit below cap depensing on IR management. Else maybe CHI could be a third party taking some cap in the deal for a 5th or a 4th.
1st + Debrusk may do the deal depending on how NJD considers Debrusk, right ?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
my guess is a Buch trade is more likely an offseason move and I'd expect that the Rangers can do better than a low first round pick and DeBrusk or whatever prospect Boston would add. I'm not sure that Kravstov belongs in the discussion with those other guys, but I get your point.

Boston would never offer that much, yikes.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Boston would never offer that much, yikes.

Coleman returned a first and a solid prospect. it's not unreasonable. Buch is a top six guy with some cream control left. Also, DeBrusk is a reclamation project at this point. There are teams with cap that wouldn't take him for free because he's paid to much to play in a bottom six.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Coleman returned a first and a solid prospect. it's not unreasonable. Buch is a top six guy with some cream control left. Also, DeBrusk is a reclamation project at this point. There are teams with cap that wouldn't take him for free because he's paid to much to play in a bottom six.

I can’t take your opinion seriously lol

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
yeah what does la want for any of them
La needs a higher end lefthand defense prospect or a elite goalie prospect.

Carter a 3 and 4 th and a goalie prospect
Iafallo 2 2nds or a 1st or prospect and a 2nd
Athanasiou 2nd 3rd and a prospect

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Preferably with some experience playoff or otherwise. Not interested in players having bad years or players who might one day be top 6 forwards. Available is the entire draft board for every year and the entire prospect pool. That includes 2 good goaltenders and a bunch of pretty solid middle of the roster type prospects. Not really interested in subtracting from the current roster unless its debrusk, bjork or a young dman not named mcavoy.

Whats out there? Lets make a deal!

must make top offer
Strome is 1st +
possibles include Wild /1st of Pit or Min + 3rd of Pit or Min

also
Buch
also 1st +
offer to beat: CAR 1st + C prospect Drury

want both?
at least three 1sts from BOS 2020 [or 2023], 2021 + 2022
and that is pushing it b'c those should be late.

I am interested to see what the Rangers do with Buchnevich.
IMO do not take vet assets.
Prefer good picks to ordinary prospects.
Suddenly, for 1st time in recent memory, NYR is killing it on draft picks.
Makes most sense to listen to bern, use that skill by adding mo/better draft picks; then as they bloom, consider moving to get upgrade.

If nec Buch can be extended for now, so Rangers are in control, not desperate. However, prefer to give Strome+Buch mins to Krav/Gauthier and soon, Barron

spot on, except for 2 pts.
1 A blockbuster makes sense from a consolidation of assets; howev, it does not help as to salary if salary is too much. And that is not worst of it. Hard cap reality. NY should not be looking for an Eichel guy b'c he will = a structural prob of a higher salary which limits cap compliance which = restrictions on roster flexibility.
They have Panarin, worth every penny.
Zib if we are lucky = only 4 yrs at 8.5; if he wants mo $ or term, he gets dealt so we have rental value instead of nothing. Cap has to be set aside for that.
Kreider is not quite that, but is up there.
Trouba is 8 per, about 1-1.5 too much and has full ironclad nmc.

Bottom line is we can't take on another big # until Trouba waives, or can go in 3-ish yrs.

2. Enough high quality draft picks are best long term if as is recent track record of GMJG [Barron was a late pick, e.g.], and is fine as we are now about to have our young core [recommended lines]:
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin
Kreider-Zib-Barron
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier

4th line depends on who else traded, promoted

2. No ? Buch gets a big raise on current 3.25 2/final rfa.
The ? is does he go w/flat cap flow and take like 4.5 x 2 and hope to then command BIG $ after;
or,
does he seek long term deal which starts at higher number, then gives volume discount on years = length of term?

either way, Rangers should sell high on vets and go w/true core

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
must make top offer
Strome is 1st +
possibles include Wild /1st of Pit or Min + 3rd of Pit or Min

also
Buch
also 1st +
offer to beat: CAR 1st + C prospect Drury

want both?
at least three 1sts from BOS 2020 [or 2023], 2021 + 2022
and that is pushing it b'c those should be late.

IMO do not take vet assets.
Prefer good picks to ordinary prospects.
Suddenly, for 1st time in recent memory, NYR is killing it on draft picks.
Makes most sense to listen to bern, use that skill by adding mo/better draft picks; then as they bloom, consider moving to get upgrade.

If nec Buch can be extended for now, so Rangers are in control, not desperate. However, prefer to give Strome+Buch mins to Krav/Gauthier and soon, Barron

spot on, except for 2 pts.
1 A blockbuster makes sense from a consolidation of assets; howev, it does not help as to salary if salary is too much. And that is not worst of it. Hard cap reality. NY should not be looking for an Eichel guy b'c he will = a structural prob of a higher salary which limits cap compliance which = restrictions on roster flexibility.
They have Panarin, worth every penny.
Zib if we are lucky = only 4 yrs at 8.5; if he wants mo $ or term, he gets dealt so we have rental value instead of nothing. Cap has to be set aside for that.
Kreider is not quite that, but is up there.
Trouba is 8 per, about 1-1.5 too much and has full ironclad nmc.

Bottom line is we can't take on another big # until Trouba waives, or can go in 3-ish yrs.

2. Enough high quality draft picks are best long term if as is recent track record of GMJG [Barron was a late pick, e.g.], and is fine as we are now about to have our young core [recommended lines]:
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin
Kreider-Zib-Barron
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier

4th line depends on who else traded, promoted

2. No ? Buch gets a big raise on current 3.25 2/final rfa.
The ? is does he go w/flat cap flow and take like 4.5 x 2 and hope to then command BIG $ after;
or,
does he seek long term deal which starts at higher number, then gives volume discount on years = length of term?

either way, Rangers should sell high on vets and go w/true core
Strome is a top 10 center in scoring this season. I don't see who people think the upgrade is going to be. I feel like the argument had merit last season but he's turned the corner and is at minimim a legit #2 now.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I think Palmieri would fit nicely in BOS, at 50 per cent he could fit below cap depensing on IR management. Else maybe CHI could be a third party taking some cap in the deal for a 5th or a 4th.
1st + Debrusk may do the deal depending on how NJD considers Debrusk, right ?
A first AND DeBrusk.......For Palmieri. Hey...Wake up. The dream is over. Reality is here. Not getting either seperately for Palmieri if i am the GM. Why would the Bruins give you deBrusk....?....Thats ridiculous.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
La needs a higher end lefthand defense prospect or a elite goalie prospect.

Carter a 3 and 4 th and a goalie prospect
Iafallo 2 2nds or a 1st or prospect and a 2nd
Athanasiou 2nd 3rd and a prospect
Kings are not getting anywhere near those returns for those players.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Kings are not getting anywhere near those returns for those players.
Maybe maybe not but in order to negotiate one should always ask for more and settle for less :nod:;) If someone is truly interested they would come back with a counter to my ask. If not oh well kings really have no need to trade anyone :)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome is a top 10 center in scoring this season. I don't see who people think the upgrade is going to be. I feel like the argument had merit last season but he's turned the corner and is at minimim a legit #2 now.

But we have cheaper options so he has to go.
The ? is who pays the most, and what is that most?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad