Top 50 players in the league #3

who is the 3rd best player in the league?

• Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Marner

• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Jack Eichel

• David Pastrnak

• Mathew Barzal

• Mark Stone

• Ryan O'Reilly

• Alex Ovechkin

• Patrice Bergeron

• Sean Couturier

• Anze Kopitar

• Cale Makar

• Alex Pietrangelo

• Connor Hellebuyck

• Mark Scheifele

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think Marchand and Crosby have arguments for being in the top 10, even Point to a much lesser degree but none of them at 3rd.

Good grief.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Skaters and goalies should be separated, because it's unfair in terms of popularity. Goalies are less popular thus they have no chance to be high on this list.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Last 3 seasons combined:

Drai - 209 games, 299 points, 124 goals (1.43 ppg)
Mack - 199 games, 257 points, 96 goals (1.29 ppg)

Last 2 seasons only:

Drai - 127 games, 194 points, 74 goals (1.53 ppg)
Mack - 117 games, 158 points, 55 goals (1.35 ppg)

Gap grows looking at just past 2 years.

Drai swept the awards last year - Mack has no awards to show.

It's true that Mack has been better in the playoffs - but Drai has actual decent enough production there, just low game count. 11 points in 8 games past 2 years. Are Mack's playoff performances really enough to outdo the massive edge in regular season production Drai has over the past 3 years? Especially since - Colorado still has yet to make it out of round 2 in the playoffs, so it's all early round performance.

Similar tier players - but my vote is Drai. I'd have Mack at #4

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Last 3 seasons combined:

Drai - 209 games, 299 points, 124 goals (1.43 ppg)
Mack - 199 games, 257 points, 96 goals (1.29 ppg)

Last 2 seasons only:

Drai - 127 games, 194 points, 74 goals (1.53 ppg)
Mack - 117 games, 158 points, 55 goals (1.35 ppg)

Gap grows looking at just past 2 years.

Drai swept the awards last year - Mack has no awards to show.

It's true that Mack has been better in the playoffs - but Drai has actual decent enough production there, just low game count. 11 points in 8 games past 2 years. Are Mack's playoff performances really enough to outdo the massive edge in regular season production Drai has over the past 3 years? Especially since - Colorado still has yet to make it out of round 2 in the playoffs, so it's all early round performance.

Similar tier players - but my vote is Drai. I'd have Mack at #4
Mac has great linemates but he is the go to guy. I think there should probably be a bit of an asterisk with Draisaitl when just looking at his raw point totals considering who he plays with IMO.

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Skaters and goalies should be separated, because it's unfair in terms of popularity. Goalies are less popular thus they have no chance to be high on this list.
Has nothing to do with popularity... They are just far more inconsistent and system dependent.

There's been how many different Vezina winners in a row now?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
After Mac I think I'd go Hedman. It's just so difficult to accurately compare forward impact with defenseman impact, though, so it's easier to rank the "gaudy offensive forward totals" ahead of what defensemen bring.

But in terms of controlling the game, Hedman probably ranks up there with any of the names left on the board.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
After Mac I think I'd go Hedman. It's just so difficult to accurately compare forward impact with defenseman impact, though, so it's easier to rank the "gaudy offensive forward totals" ahead of what defensemen bring.

But in terms of controlling the game, Hedman probably ranks up there with any of the names left on the board.
for myself I would probably tier it

1) McDavid
2) MacKinnon, Kucherov
3) Matthews, Draisaitl, Hedman, Panarin, Crosby, Marchand, Barkov, Vasilevskiy and Kane.

any one of those players I listed would be fine at 4 IMO

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Mac has great linemates but he is the go to guy. I think there should probably be a bit of an asterisk with Draisaitl when just looking at his raw point totals considering who he plays with IMO.

Oiler fans believe mcdavid is unanimously the best player in the league.

At the same time, they try and say that drai doesn't get boosted by playing with the best player in the league.

Lots of flip flopping.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad