Top 50 players in the league #2

who is the 2nd best player in the league?

• Brad Marchand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sidney Crosby

• Patrick Kane

• Mikko Rantanen

• Mitch Marner

• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Jack Eichel

• David Pastrnak

• Brayden Point

• Mathew Barzal

• Mark Stone

• Sebastion Aho

• Ryan O'Reilly

• Patrice Bergeron

• Anze Kopitar

• Cale Makar

• Alex Pietrangelo

• Roman Josi

• Andrei Vasilevskiy

• Connor Hellebuyck

• Mark Scheifele

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
You’re gonna say that Kucherov, who is on the verge of being on a back to back cup winner, doesn’t have good line mates? Really?
im gonna say that playing without him shows us what they really are if we talkin their line impact on Drai Kuch or McD success
It is what it is no more no less.

Last edited:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Kucherov should be #1 when you factor both PO and RS. Kucherov has exceeded McDavid when you factor that in.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Draisaitl got his annual sweep playing along side best player in the World.

This is a faulty argument because you can easily take any of the top choices and claim they are not as good due to who they play with.

Re Draisaitl, look at the points, the goals, the GWG and faceoffs taken and face off win % and he presents a compelling case.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
To me, this is raw skills (MacKinnon) vs hockey IQ (Kucherov).

And I'm on the fence. Mackinnon is just oozing talent, it's impossible not to notice during a game. Kuch, on the other hand, is often difficult to notice during a game, but then you look at the scoreboard, and he has 3 points. Just like the game before, and the other one before.

Both are special players.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Between Kucherov, Drai, and MacKinnon

Those guys will round out the top 4 in some order.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
his peers and awards voters don't seem to agree considering he finished 2nd best in both Hart and Lindsey voting
2nd best? Well god damn.

Draisaitl has actually won those awards and blew Matthews' season out of the water again for the 3rd year in a row.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
2nd best? Well god damn.

Draisaitl has actually won those awards and blew Matthews' season out of the water again for the 3rd year in a row.
Matthews was definitely better this year but that's besides the point. Neither are in contention for 2nd best and should both fall into the 4 to 10 range IMO

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Kuch. And he has proved over the last two years.

Playoff Kuch?

Kuch>McDavid

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I dont think they win the Cup without Kuch this year. They looked like a very beatable team going into the playoffs. Thats what I think.

record since March 25th was 12-11-1 (3 OT wins), and 15/24 games were vs non playoff teams (DET, CLB, CHI, DAL)

That’s all speculation but It also could be that TB took their foot off the pedal a bit as they were already in.

Sure TB probably doesn’t win the SC this year without Kuch but the same thing could be said about many players from many teams and is hardly a relevant point in this poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad