Top 50 players in the league #2

who is the 2nd best player in the league?

• Brad Marchand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sidney Crosby

• Patrick Kane

• Mikko Rantanen

• Mitch Marner

• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Jack Eichel

• David Pastrnak

• Brayden Point

• Mathew Barzal

• Mark Stone

• Sebastion Aho

• Ryan O'Reilly

• Patrice Bergeron

• Anze Kopitar

• Cale Makar

• Alex Pietrangelo

• Roman Josi

• Andrei Vasilevskiy

• Connor Hellebuyck

• Mark Scheifele

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I said Nate because hes ridiculously good but I wont fault anyone for choosing Kuch. Guys also a beast. Thats the easy top 3 for me right now, after that its going to get fun and I imagine there will be a ton of whining, many victims of bias and some mountains of salt as large as Mitch Marners contract.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
tough to go against Kucherov here with how well he's bounced back from his injury

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
How many points did Kuch have this season? How many did Draisaitl have? Point made. This is Draisaitl.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I said Nate because hes ridiculously good but I wont fault anyone for choosing Kuch. Guys also a beast. Thats the easy top 3 for me right now, after that its going to get fun and I imagine there will be a ton of whining, many victims of bias and some mountains of salt as large as Mitch Marners contract.
Top 4 is easy as Leon makes it a big 4 right now.

Dmen are hard to slot as there are so many good ones out there and I would do them separately.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I was not that serious to be honest. Other than that I think the second best player in the league is Draisaitl.

He has an argument (one of only 3 players who do imo) - but Kuch has a stronger case imo.

If you combine last 3 years and going into next year - I have Kuch just ahead.

Drai remains a bit hard to place due to McDavid. Id probably have him 3, with Mack at 4

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Top 4 is easy as Leon makes it a big 4 right now.

Dmen are hard to slot as there are so many good ones out there and I would do them separately.
That's part of where I'm at. Where does Hedman come in? Matthews, Marchand, Crosby, Kane and of course as you said Draisaitl, people lean heavily towards forwards because of their points and lets be honest, they are more exciting and flashy to watch. But Hedman is a franchise level player as well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That's part of where I'm at. Where does Hedman come in? Matthews, Marchand, Crosby, Kane and of course as you said Draisaitl, people lean heavily towards forwards because of their points and lets be honest, they are more exciting and flashy to watch. But Hedman is a franchise level player as well.

I’d have Hedman and Makar in my top 7.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Very interesting! I do think its a touch early for Makar to be at that level just yet for me but i certainly see him being a norris contender for a long time.

Perhaps it might be too early for some but he just tilts the ice when he is on and the separation he has above the next defender in this regard and the fact he is still entering his prime means I will have him in my top 7.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
He has an argument (one of only 3 players who do imo) - but Kuch has a stronger case imo.

If you combine last 3 years and going into next year - I have Kuch just ahead.

Drai remains a bit hard to place due to McDavid. Id probably have him 3, with Mack at 4

He's proven enough that he can carry his own. But somehow he's always the player that gets penalized for being amazing next to another star.

People are way too hung up on Kucherov's recent point total in the playoffs. He's got 13 points in 21 games 5v5 in this year's run. Why isn't he hard to place based on that he plays with Hedman, Point, and Stamkos most of the time when he scores his points? I'd put those three over only McDavid any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad