Top 50 NHL Prospects: Islanders, Ducks each land two prospects in 11-20 group

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
william_nylander_toronto_040315.jpg
Photo: Toronto Marlies forward and Toronto Maple Leafs prospect William Nylander produced 32 points in 37 games for the Marlies during the 2014-15 regular season (courtesy of Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire)

</p>The Spring edition of the Hockey’s Future ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects continues with the 11 thru 20 section. All of the players in this section of the ranking are projected to have bright NHL careers ahead of them, and several – with hard work and a little luck – could develop into stars.

Seven forwards and three defensemen make up this part of the ranking. A couple of the players in this section saw extensive time in the NHL this season while others are expected to push for spots in 2015-16.… read more

The post Top 50 NHL Prospects: Islanders, Ducks each land two prospects in 11-20 group appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
"Theodore comes into the a heir Ducks system in need of a player with his skills"...?

I was assuming maybe they meant in the AHL, but then they say he's going to play a physical style? Was this put together with a choose your own adventure book?

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Glad to see them on this list. I'm pretty hyped for both of these guys for the future, let's hope they transition well into the AHL-NHL level.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm surprised to see Griffin Reinhart that high. I don't get a really good feeling about him for some reason. I'm definitely not a scout but he just seems so limited to me.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
No, he's just saying that the typical NHL defenseman is expected to play a phsyical style, and that Theodore is lighter than the typical NHL defenseman.

No, that may have been what the author meant, but that isn't what it says. It says that Shea is a little light for a defenseman who's expected to play a physical style.

Given the other factual errors I'm not inclined to give the author the benefit conveyed by poor grammar.

DonDa

Apr 28, 2012
Budapest
We have an other prospect in the Top 50. Gibson is ranked 8th. Vasilevskiy is the only goaltender who is ranked higher than Gibson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This article is similar to reading how Bobby Ryan was a 2way power forward by some Sens fans :laugh:

Edit:
Do we ever had 3 prospects in top 20?

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Where do you think our overall ranking will be once they update it? Or is that done after the draft?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm surprised to see Griffin Reinhart that high. I don't get a really good feeling about him for some reason. I'm definitely not a scout but he just seems so limited to me.

You're not alone. I don't see the appeal. I think at best he's a decent second pair guy.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
"Theodore comes into the a heir Ducks system in need of a player with his skills"...?

I was assuming maybe they meant in the AHL, but then they say he's going to play a physical style? Was this put together with a choose your own adventure book?

Here's the whole quote:

"Theodore comes into the Anaheim Ducks system in need of a player with his skills, but can hone his game at a level of competition that is suited to a young player."

I believe he meant the the Ducks are in need of Theo's skills at the NHL level. Otherwise, the end of the of that sentence makes absolutely no sense. The latter part of the sentence implies that Theo can hone his skills 'at a level of competition that is suited to a young plyer' - which implies the AHL level.

Cray, cray. As of right now, Theo can't even be the 7th defenseman!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Here's the whole quote:

"Theodore comes into the Anaheim Ducks system in need of a player with his skills, but can hone his game at a level of competition that is suited to a young player."

I believe he meant the the Ducks are in need of Theo's skills at the NHL level. Otherwise, the end of the of that sentence makes absolutely no sense. The latter part of the sentence implies that Theo can hone his skills 'at a level of competition that is suited to a young plyer' - which implies the AHL level.

Cray, cray. As of right now, Theo can't even be the 7th defenseman!

I know, it made zero sense, because we don't "need" a 4th high skill guy at the NHL level. That's why I'm with Spicy in not giving the benefit of the doubt on the physical thing.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Where do you think our overall ranking will be once they update it? Or is that done after the draft?

I believe after the draft but I could be wrong.

I would say as high as 3(unlikely) and as low as 7.. depending on bias

1. Edmonton - McDavid, Nurse, Draisaitl
2. Buffalo - Eichel, Reinhart

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I believe after the draft but I could be wrong.

I would say as high as 3(unlikely) and as low as 7.. depending on bias

1. Edmonton - McDavid, Nurse, Draisaitl
2. Buffalo - Eichel, Reinhart

hmmm... interesting. We have 3 players in the top 20 here... still!?! Wow!

Gibson, Theo, and Ritchie. Then there's a drop off in talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad