Top 50 forward - 2014 NHL Draft

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Here is my top 50 forward for the next NHL Draft. Don't be shy to comment, but don't be too not shy too. Anyway. Please note that from USA, I only ranked Schmaltz because I had not enought view on the other (Milano, Larkin, Eiserman, Poganski, Wilkie, Malone, ETC) and same thing for the second tier euro (Nekolenko, Vovchenko, Kuzmenko, Kamenev, Boltanov, Tornqvist, Bagenda, Lammikko, Kirivanta, Kase, Jenys, ETC).

I always start the year with the O and D separated, and after christmas I start to mix them. Here is the link (In french) of the article: http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/98924/posts/162388

You can follow me on TWITTER: @Depisteur_LNH

1 William Nylander
2 Sam Reinhart
3 Michael Dal Colle
4 Leon Draisaitl
5 Sam Bennett
6 Jared McCann
7 Jakub Vrana
8 Jake Virtanen
9 Anton Karlsson
10 Nick Ritchie
11 Kasperi Kapanen
12 Ivan Barbashev
13 Nick Schmaltz
14 Connor Bleackley
15 Josh Ho-Sang
16 Spencer Watson
17 Nikolay Goldobin
18 David Pastrnak
19 Robby Fabbri
20 Brendan Perlini
21 Adrian Kempe
22 Matthew Mistele
23 Oskar Lindblom
24 Jayce Hawryluk
25 Nicolas Aubé-Kubel
26 Nikita Yazkov
27 Eric Cornel
28 Daniel Audette
29 Nikolaj Ehlers
30 John Quenneville
31 Kevin Labanc
32 Blake Clarke
33 Francis Perron
34 Nikita Scherbak
35 Maxim Lazarev
36 Chase De Leo
37 Ivan Nikolishin
38 Jaden Lindo
39 Vladimir Tkachev
40 Julien Pelletier
41 Brayden Point
42 Tyson Baillie
43 Christian Dvorak
44 Matthew Highmore
45 Brandon Robinson
46 David Tomasek
47 Reid Duke
48 Reid Gardiner
49 Ryan MacInnis
50 Radel Fazleyev

Enjoy and comments.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Ballsy move to leave off Alexis Pepin. Care to share a thought or two on his development? (Assuming you're based out of Quebec based on the rds article and the fact that you [and I respect you greatly for this] have Julien Pelletier listed)

Also: I know the stats aren't ideal to the beginning of his Q career, but surely Nantel's tools are good enough to warrant being listed?

Last edited:

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Ballsy move to leave off Alexis Pepin. Care to share a thought or two on his development? (Assuming you're based out of Quebec based on the rds article and the fact that you [and I respect you greatly for this] have Julien Pelletier listed)

I was high on him last year, I saw about 15 games of him last year and I tough he would be the best from quebec... But this year, he came at the camp a little bit too fat, and on the ice, he was not able to create anything. He has potential for sure, but I can't put him in the top 50 for now cuz a lot of others are doing really good. If he progress again I will add him for sure, but I just don't see him their as for now.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Baillie is reaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy low.

The games I saw (about 3 games), he was good, but not elite and he had some invisible time. I will pay attention, thats just the beginning.

And at the top, I'd go Draisaitl - Reinhart - Nylander, but that's just me.

That's REALLY tight for the number 1 spot between my first 5. I will have to watch a lot of games to be sure, but right now, I see it like this.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Good list.

Nice to see Julien Pelletier there, tlaked about him on the Leafs boards, pretty decent potential.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Good list.

Nice to see Julien Pelletier there, tlaked about him on the Leafs boards, pretty decent potential.

Yep, I see a lot in him, he is already one of the best on his team. Skills are there too. If he stay with this pace, he will be one of the best rising player. Thanks.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008

Also: I know the stats aren't ideal to the beginning of his Q career, but surely Nantel's tools are good enough to warrant being listed?

For Nantel, I see the potential, and I like him, was in the next 5. I just want to see him dominating a little bit more the play.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
David Tomasek eh? Have you seen him play? Or know anything about him? i would love to know cause i havent heard anything really. He seems to have good stats but i do get to see him play this Sunday.. Should be interesting.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
David Tomasek eh? Have you seen him play? Or know anything about him? i would love to know cause i havent heard anything really. He seems to have good stats but i do get to see him play this Sunday.. Should be interesting.

Yes I've seen him play. It's tough to evaluate when a player is playing in a poor team (Belleville are bad...) but he has create some good chances. He have some good tools, speed, good hands. 6'1 feet, 180 pounds.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Yes I've seen him play. It's tough to evaluate when a player is playing in a poor team (Belleville are bad...) but he has create some good chances. He have some good tools, speed, good hands. 6'1 feet, 180 pounds.

Yeah Belleville is pretty bad for sure. Ok well thanks a lot man. appreciate it. Cant wait for the game.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Tomasek is one of my sleepers. I actually didn't think he got enough ice the times I have viewed him.

Great mix of size, skating, skill - just think it may take half a year for him to pick up the pace.

No way Perlini is lower than 10 - he's not just putting up points randomly. He's an elite winger.

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
few thoughts I had

too low:
Perlini
Ehlers
Point
Baillie

too high:
Hawryluk
Yazkov
Quenneville
Labanc

should be listed:
Bukarts
Bishop
Nantel
Lemieux
MacMaster

also like that you listed Highmore and Fazleyev, both seem like good sleeper picks to me.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
When does your D list come out?

I don't know, I have to watch some other D to make a ranking, I have a good overall view of the top D but I want to see more of them before making a ranking.

few thoughts I had

too low:
Perlini
Ehlers
Point
Baillie

too high:
Hawryluk
Yazkov
Quenneville
Labanc

should be listed:
Bukarts
Bishop
Nantel
Lemieux
MacMaster

also like that you listed Highmore and Fazleyev, both seem like good sleeper picks to me.

For Point and Baillie, I know they seems low, and I know that they can do better but the games I saw they were just O.K. but I will keep an eye on to make sure. Perlini is rising the list week per week, but for now, I just want to see if he can maintain is pace. I know how good he is tough. It's just my first list of the year, and I have already some ideas for the next (In January), I keep some thing in my mind. For Ehlers, I already answered it, I can see him go in the 20, but not better than this, for the moment.

For the ''too high'', it's my opinion, Hawryluk was good at all the games I saw from him, was quick, and I really like his games. Same for Quenneville, who I didn't think I would be like. For Yazkov, I will focus a little bit more, but from what I saw, he was creating chances a lot and I see some big offensive weapons. For Labanc, I see him 2 times, maybe was just luck and was his best games, I will focus on more, thanks.

Bishop, Nantel and Lemieux were in my next 5-6. MacMaster I didnt see him this year, but I think he would be already in my top 50 if I had see him. Bukarts was in my next 10.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Only problem I have is listing Pelletier (Whom I would have top 50 as well) over his teammate Bishop. Pelletier has the better stats thus far, but Bishop is the better player (In this fans eyes).

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Only problem I have is listing Pelletier (Whom I would have top 50 as well) over his teammate Bishop. Pelletier has the better stats thus far, but Bishop is the better player (In this fans eyes).

I see more potential in Pelletier. Bishop is fast, and I like him also (he is about 55th). When I do rankings, I don't make it with stats, so that's not the reason why Pelletier is before Bishop. In my eyes (I that's why I do ranking, not the fans ranking) I think Pelletier is a better player. Thanks for the comments tough, it's appreciated.

I also have to say Perlini is way too low on that list. I think he will be a top 10 pick overall

I answered it. He is rising the ranking, but I want to see if he will maintain this (amazing) pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->