Top 5 Olympics prediction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
1. Canada
2. NY Rangers (oh sorry...I mean Czech Republic)
3. Sweden (only is Forsberg is healthy)
4. Russia
5. Finland

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Not be too a Homer, but here's how I think they'll Round out. (and don't post at me I'm not going the explain them)

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Czech
4. Finland
5. Russia
6. Slovkia
7. Switzerland
8. USA
9. Germany
10.Kazakhstan
11.Latvia
12.Italy

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
1. Canada
2. Russia
3. Czech Republic
4. Finland
5. Slovakia
6. Sweden
7. USA

This is a realistic projection, I really would like to see Finland and Slovakia gaining a medal though; both have chances, but the first three teams are definitely powerhouses this year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jimmi Jenkins said:
Not be too a Homer, but here's how I think they'll Round out. (and don't post at me I'm not going the explain them)

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Czech
4. Finland
5. Russia
6. Slovkia
7. Switzerland
8. USA
9. Germany
10.Kazakhstan
11.Latvia
12.Italy

This is just stupid. The U.S. behind Switzerland?!?!?! :shakehead

espo*

B Boarding said:
Holmström would be a lock for Team Swedens roster with 99% of all sane coaches in the world. I would also like Nilson on the team with his grit and team efforts, but I can somehow understand leaving him outside the roster. Altough I don't like it. Hannula is a 5-10, 190 pretty soft energy guy who played in the AHL two years ago without making any noice. He started this season pretty good in the SEL and therefore made the roster. I guess there is no one on these boards that think he should've made it. IMO it's even insane. He shouldn't be higher than 30th on the dephtchart among forwards!!

Sadly this is because of bad scoutiong and not the only mistake made by our coach so far. Here's some others:
1. Picking only 65 men to the preliminary roster when he could have picked lots more.
2. Not picking Hedberg as a GK to the preliminary roster. He hasn't been great this season but he is a proven playoff performer who at least should've been considered as a backup.
3. Not picking some talents that could've developed enough during this season to maybe crack the final roster, at least if injuries would occur... Examples are: Alex Steen, Robert Nilsson,
4. Bad scouting. The coach, BÃ…G, didn't even know who Doug Murray is. What's up with that? He's been on the verge of cracking SJ's roster for some time.
5. The sexscandal. Many here have different opionions about Lilja, Tallinder and Huselius future in Team Sweden. My opinion is that they should've been allowed to play long ago and that BÃ…G should've told The Swedish Hockeyfed that he makes the calls and they don't. Given the miscredit the SHF has gotten in media they wouldn't have dared saying no. Tallinder is needed on the team.
Great analysis of Sweden's team and i agree.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
This is just stupid. The U.S. behind Switzerland?!?!?! :shakehead

I wouldn't pick them ahead of the U.S., but I'll bet they'll at least make the quarterfinals. They have Gerber, who is capable of stealing a game, they're well coached, and they handled their business admirably in the pre-Olympic qualification tournament. I expect them to at least beat Germany (who finished a desultory 15th at the 2005 WCs and probably wouldn't even have made it through the pre-Olympic qualifiers had they had to go through them), and it wouldn't surprise me to see them upset one of the "Big Seven."

EliCash

Aug 2, 2005
Boston
These will be the quarterfinal matchups:

Canada - USA
Sweden - Czech Rep.
Russia - Switzerland
Finland - Slovakia

And the medals will shake out like this...

G: Czech Rep.
S: Russia
B: Slovakia

4th: Canada

A nightmare scenario for Canada where the Czechs finish third in the group behind Finland and then beat Canada in the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad