News and Blog Report: Top 5 Oilers Prospect Comparisons

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Man Klefbom and Seabrook? That's a ways away.

Nurse and Pronger I've thought up many times.

Agree about that Jones comparison being a huge joke.

If Khaira turns into a Bolland that would be great, but I'm hoping his offence perks up further so that he can be a mainstay in a top 6 role.

I only count 4...

Who would we compare Marincin to?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Man Klefbom and Seabrook? That's a ways away.

Nurse and Pronger I've thought up many times.

Agree about that Jones comparison being a huge joke.

If Khaira turns into a Bolland that would be great, but I'm hoping his offence perks up further so that he can be a mainstay in a top 6 role.

I only count 4...

Who would we compare Marincin to?

If he packed on like 20-30lbs, I would say a poor mans Francois Beauchiman. But that is just from limited viewings.

Also, the Moroz comparison is enough to make one cry.

Last edited:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The Moroz on and Khaira ones are baffling;

Moroz is a ****ing tank, and already has better hands and finishing ability, Moroz hits too hurt while Jones try's to hit to keep his job, for me a good NHL comparison for Moroz is Chris Neil, both play with high energy, fight, and score, Moroz has lots of work to do, but even if he becomes close to what Neil is, I'd be tremendously happy.

Khaira is not as slippery or pesky as Bolland, he has a much bigger frame and uses it more than I guy like Bolland. Both are defensively responsible and have an edge. For me a good comparison for Khaira is a poor mans Jordan Staal both have similar frames, both don't have blazing speed but get where the need to be, and both don't play an overly physical game but both use there size very well.

That's just my opinion.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Kelfbom has shown zero offensive ability since he was drafted. We'll be lucky if he turns out as a poor man's Smid, the idea that he compares to Seabrook is pure fantasy.

Pronger comparison for Nurse isn't good either. Pronger played an intelligent ultra-efficient two way game, and just happened to have a massive nasty streak. Nurse is more of a passionate athletic type who impacts a game with his toolset, not his hockey sense.

About the only thing similar about them is that they were both tall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad