Top 5 Offensive Talents in 05 Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungGun

Jan 10, 2003
Windsor, Ontario
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have not been keeping up this year on who the top offensive players will be in the upcoming 2005 Entry Draft.

I would like to get an idea of who the 5 best offensive players are and what current NHL player their style is similar to.

Thanx in advance.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I dont want to be biased so i wont include the style of play...but i would give MY TOP 5 talents...

1. Crosby

2. Brule

3. Ryan

4. Pouliot

5. Kopitar - ( My Favorite ;) )

Honorable Mention---

Zagrapan

Setoguchi

O' Mara

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Offensively, go with guys like Crosby, Brule, Zagrapan, Bourret and Pouliot.

Cosis

Wild Thing said:
What 05 draft? There ain't gonna be one this year unless the CBA is worked out in the next 3 months. Anyone here think that's going to happen?

There will be a draft before this year ends.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Wild Thing said:
What 05 draft? There ain't gonna be one this year unless the CBA is worked out in the next 3 months. Anyone here think that's going to happen?
It doesnt have to be held in June.

For offensive talents, I thought of:

Crosby
Brule
Zagrapan
Ryan
Maybe a guy like Cogliano

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
Overall Talent...

1.Crosby
2/3 Brule/Pouliot (both very much the same overall skill)
4.Ryan
5.Zagrapan

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
There are a lot of forwards with offensive talent in this draft. The entire 1st round will be filled with forwards that could be potential top 6 forwards.

QMJHL: Crosby, Zagrapan, Bourret, Latendresse, Trukhno
OHL: Ryan, Pouliot, O'Marra
WHL: Brule, Setoguchi, McArdle, Durand
NCAA: Bertram, Hensick
Sweden: Kopitar, Bergfors
USNTDP: Skille. Stoa
OPJHL: Cogliano

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Based on pure offense
I'd rank it this way
1.Crosby
2.Cogliano
3.Brule
4.Zagrapan
5.Ryan

C'mon Leach...Nobody rates Cogliano that high. You now must tell me what makes him better than Brule and Zagrapan. I don't think you can...
Also, factor for competition.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
borro said:
C'mon Leach...Nobody rates Cogliano that high. You now must tell me what makes him better than Brule and Zagrapan. I don't think you can...
Competition doesn't matter. It's offensive talent, not overall ranking.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Crosby
well what else is there to say with him. So I can keep this one short

Brule
has alot of upside and great offensive abilities...still a bit inconsistant buy hey hey is still top 5 in scoring in the WHL being inconsistant, this guys shot is just crazy and he has some great determination and offensive ability on the ice.

Bertram
Not getting alot of time in NCAA so points don't match the skill. Possibly one of my favorite prospects for the draft. He is going to be a super scorer next year in NCAA and will show that he has top 5 talent for this draft. I would say he is the Schremp of this draft as in the sense that he is possibly one of the most talented but will drope.

Cogliano
So much offensive skill that he could be the 2nd best offensive player in the draft, weak upbody and shys away from the physical game will hold him back till he can learn how to handle it.

Ryan
So much offensive ability and sick hands...skating is a small issue but does not hold him back...looks to be a real offensvie jugernut. Reminds me a bit of Jason Spezza in the sense that skating isn't the greatest but its not as bad as people make it out to be and he is a ton of offensive upside.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
borro said:

It was based on pure offensive talent, Cogliano has game breaker abilities, so does Brule, but IMHO, not as much as Cogliano. Of course I don't know how it'll translate to NHL success. He's a bit like Cammalleri, but my guess is he'll probably be better.

Bertram would definitely make the top 10.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
1. Crosby
2. Brule
3. Zagrapan
4. Pouliot
5. Ryan

I agree that Cogliano is a fine offensive talent and definitely deserves to be on the occasional top five list.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Andrew_11 said:
1. Crosby
2. Brule
3. Zagrapan
4. Pouliot
5. Ryan

I agree that Cogliano is a fine offensive talent and definitely deserves to be on the occasional top five list.

I really think that Zagrapan is not going to be as good as people think...he is going to be good but not a point per game type of guy IMO. I think he will be like a Zhamnov, so much skill but can't put it all together. Pouliot I am still in the woods about him...one game he impresses me alot...the next game he looks like he isn't all that good IMO. These guys who come out of no where to be good scare me a bit...guys like Ladd, and so on scare me a bit.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
IMO for pure offensive ability in order I would rank them like this:

1. Crosby
2. Cogliano
3. Bertram
4. Brule
5. Ryan

I also think if healthy this year Gawlick would have been on this list and in the running for a 1st round pick.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Not a chance.

1)Crosby

2)Brule

3)Ryan
4)Zagrapan
5)Bertram

HM: Mccardle, Pouliot, Kopitar, Setoguchi, Cogliano

it's always the same with you bert, always Brule, Brule , Brule....

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
it's always the same with you bert, always Brule, Brule , Brule....

I'm one of Gil's fans, but I dont think i'm even being bias on this one. Brule pulls off some of the best stickhandling moves in all of the CHL. Dont believe me? Just ask Mikko Kukko and the Rebels. He's got 75+ points....playing with Tim ****ing' Kraus.

I think it's pretty safe to say that it's Crosby followed by Brule hands down. Go ahead and argue, Leach. ;)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
I'm one of Gil's fans, but I dont think i'm even being bias on this one. Brule pulls off some of the best stickhandling moves in all of the CHL. Dont believe me? Just ask Mikko Kukko and the Rebels. He's got 75+ points....playing with Tim ****ing' Kraus.

I think it's pretty safe to say that it's Crosby followed by Brule hands down. Go ahead and argue, Leach. ;)

myself I have seen Crosby, Brule and Johnson play in person and I really like Johnson alot, he shows up everygame and is super all around. Brule is as well but I find sometimes his presense on the ice isn't always there...where as you always know if Johnson is out there.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:

I would agree with that assessment. Some wouldn't but I would. But this Brule fanaticism is sickening just like my Bourret fanaticism was a couple of months ago.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
scoutman1 said:
I also think if healthy this year Gawlick would have been on this list and in the running for a 1st round pick.
Adding to this...Gawlik is a steal for any team that takes him. Wherever they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->