Top 5 NHL Players Ever with One Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
Benton Fraser said:
Beliveau >> Yzerman

That is evident from everything I have read and the old games I have been lucky enough to watch (on TV that is)

I would venture to say that these 2 are very equal. Both were tremendous players on succesful teams. Both are NHL legends. Both were embassadors of the game. And both were true gentleman. You cant find anybody who has a negative comment about Beliveau or Yzerman.

I think they are very close in comparison.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Benton Fraser said:
Beliveau >> Yzerman

That is evident from everything I have read and the old games I have been lucky enough to watch (on TV that is)

Yzerman has played almost more than 350 NHL for Detroit than Beliveau has for Montreal. Not to mention Yzerman has also around 500 more points. Despite both Yzerman and Beliveau being the franchise player of their respective franchises, Beliveau always had a strong supporting cast while Yzerman was Detroit's one-man show in the early Red Wings history of the 80s.

KOVALEV10*

Jovanovski = Norris said:
Yzerman has played almost more than 350 NHL for Detroit than Beliveau has for Montreal. Not to mention Yzerman has also around 500 more points. Despite both Yzerman and Beliveau being the franchise player of their respective franchises, Beliveau always had a strong supporting cast while Yzerman was Detroit's one-man show in the early Red Wings history of the 80s.

Yes Stevy has 500 more points but he also as you said played a lot more games which is the reason why he has had that many more points, as well as the difference in eras and the fact that back then players especially Jean thought about one thing and thats about winning the cup not about personal stats. Not to mention Hockey News ranked him no 7 all time only behind such immortals as Wayne, Orr, Howe, Lemieux, Rocket and Shore. Yzerman wasnt even in the top 15.

Jean Beliveau >> Steve Yzerman.

Although both were great players and top 5 centers of all time for sure after the likes of Mario and Wayne.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Jovanovski = Norris said:
Yzerman played in how many years where there was a 70 game schedule? There's most of the games played difference right there.

Wow, Yzerman scored more points during the NHL's highest scoring era. The league goals/game average was way up for the 80's and 90's, and they played more games to boot. The highest scoring year Beliveau played in was his last year, where the average was 6.24 goals/game, over a 78 game schedule. Yzerman played his first 11 years in a higher scoring league, 8 of them with over 7 goals/game, with at least an 80 game schedule.

Yzerman just passed Beliveau in playoff points last year, and has yet to catch him in goals, but he's played 30 more playoff games.

Beliveau > Yzerman

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Gordie Howe (forget Hartford)
Steve Yzerman (better than Le Gros Bill)
Jean Beliveau
Henri Richard
Maurice Richard
Stan Mikita
Alex Delvecchio
Eric Nesterenko (I think?)
Bobby Hull (see Howe)
Mike Bossy (the greatest goal scorer of all time)

Brindfan

Sep 20, 2004
Front Range of CO

No one has ever come close to Bossy's accuracy. He could put the puck through the smallest gaps between the goalie and the net, and he made it look easy.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
jiggs 10 said:
Gordie Howe (forget Hartford)
Steve Yzerman (better than Le Gros Bill)
Jean Beliveau
Henri Richard
Maurice Richard
Stan Mikita
Alex Delvecchio
Eric Nesterenko (I think?)
Bobby Hull (see Howe)

Gordie played more years for one team than all the others so he should not be penalized for walking out of the HOF to play with "the children".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad