• Kucherov

• Panarin

• Kaprizov

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Who are the top 5 most exciting players in the NHL?

I know there are some names left off that some would consider. I basically put the top 10 scorers this season along with Ovechkin (previous history), Kucherov (previous history), Panarin (previous history) and Kaprizov (HFboard shiny new toy bias).

And feel free to rank the players in your comments.

Cheers.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
McDavid
Kucherov
MacKinnon
Panarin
Kane

Thats the 5 most exciting players in the NHL at the moment. When you look at overall playmaking, stickhandling, skating, deking.

Marner is my #6 at the moment. Honorable mention.

Reactions: QJL

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisaitl deserves a mention here as well even if it’s as an honourable mention.

He has an absolutely half windup snap one timer that is so fast on his release. He’s also one of the best playmakers, especially on his backhand. Best backhand pass in the league easily, he drops absolute dimes with his backhand saucer pass.

Reactions: ujju2 and spot

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
McDavid
MacKinnon
Kane
Panarin
Drai

I struggled with the last one between Drai, Kucherov and Marchand. Marchand is just electric and super fun to watch. Kucherov has disgusting IQ and makes hockey look simple more so than he does it in exciting manner.

Drai's combination of speed, size, and puck handling make him number 5 for me. He is absolute masterclass and gets underrated because he's with McDavid. He is the defacto number 2 player in the NHL for me.

Matthews is a wonderful player but I don’t think he’s so exciting. (Scoring goals is exciting)

I might be wrong, but he never seems to carry the puck in to the zone and make plays off the rush. That is what makes a player excite me

Yea. Matthews is spectacularly efficient, but he is not exciting. Marner is significantly more exciting to watch.

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
McDavid - No explanation needed
Matthews - Feels like the puck is going to find a way into the net every time he’s in the offensive zone
Kane - Just so incredible with the puck on his stick
MacKinnon - Wish I saw more of him, after McDavid he’s the most dynamic player in the league
Ovi - Not the exciting player he once was, but still such a force & a joy to watch (I, for one, love watching him set up on the PP)

Reactions: ujju2

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Ovi for me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad