Top 5 in '08 and '09

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
The cutoff date for each draft is September 15th. Tavares is born on the 21st (?) of September in 1990, therefore ineligible for the 2008 Draft. Though, the Panthers might try and take him anyways...

yeah exactly. Tavares is a late birthday(it's September 20th;) big deal really), therefore not eligible until 2009.
as for the scouting news list, the other michigan kid could very likely be A.J. Treais from the Little Caesars.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
Luke Shenn from the Kelowna Rockets will no doubt be a top 10 and possibly a top 5 pick in '08. He had a great rookie year last year and is still on 16, turning 17 in Nov. and is wearing the A and playing PP and PK and lots of ice time on a really weak Kelowna team. His stats will obviously be a little off because the Rockets are bad but I dont think he will be looked at as an offensive guy down the road anyway. He is a huge kid, not skinny at all and crushes 2 or 3 guys each game with hits. Has already been in a few scraps and is a leader at 16. He will have 3 full seasons under his belt come draft year.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
What's the recent word on Magnus Paajarvi? I heard about him 6 months ago and like the way he sounded then, anything new?

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
What's the recent word on Magnus Paajarvi? I heard about him 6 months ago and like the way he sounded then, anything new?

he played in tv-pucken(swedish tournament for 16 year olds) and compared to how he played last year(he was a double underager last year), he was way more defensively aware and thinking defense first, and still got nice offensive stats. I was really impressed. Whatever he's been working on since last year, he has done it damn good. He'll certainly dominate next year in his third year, and maybe get a call-up to the SEL. Maybe not in 07-08, but maybe the season after.

EDIT: So far this season Pääjärvi has one goal in 5 games playing for Malmö in the Swedish U20-league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->