Top 5 Forward Groups in the NHL.

Pick 5 - top forward groups (listed by Goals/G)

• Total voters

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Oilers have more votes, but Winnipeg's forward group has more goals this season

Defensive group is scoring for Oilers too, defense doesn't equal offense/forwards

I know I suggested North division has more GA, but nothing is suggesting Colorado has a better forward group than the Jets right now either
I'd only argue that have a better duo, but even then that's not the case right now
I think most people are voting based on top 6 players. Edmonton for example lacks bottom 6 scoring but has arguably the two best forwards in the league. Likewise with the Leafs, I don't think many would take their bottom 6 over many others. How do you compete with Matthews/Marner/Tavares though?

Personally I place Winnipeg very high because they're good top to bottom up front, but they only have Scheifele in that "elite" category. Oilers being top 5 is a joke to me personally because their 4th highest scoring forward has 11 points, while Winnipeg have 8 guys at or above that mark despite playing less games.

Reactions: jetsforever

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I really like TB, Toronto and Winnipeg as my 3 locks. Winnipeg is being a bit underrated IMO.

4-5 is harder for me. Boston, Colorado are good options. McdDrai really get's Edmonton up their... but because the drop off can't have them top 5 rn

Reactions: jetsforever

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I think most people are voting based on top 6 players. Edmonton for example lacks bottom 6 scoring but has arguably the two best forwards in the league. Likewise with the Leafs, I don't think many would take their bottom 6 over many others. How do you compete with Matthews/Marner/Tavares though?

Personally I place Winnipeg very high because they're good top to bottom up front, but they only have Scheifele in that "elite" category. Oilers being top 5 is a joke to me personally because their 4th highest scoring forward has 11 points, while Winnipeg have 8 guys at or above that mark despite playing less games.

Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, Conor, PLD Statsny is as good as any
Would love to have McDavid or Drai on Jets, and one to one they leap, but at as a group the Jets are just as good

I'll take the Jets top 6 and their bottom 6
It's the defense that is in question

Also think Connor and Ehlers is being under rated, especially Ehlers who looks like he's the 2nd best forward on the team right now with
10 goals and 22 points in 20 games
Dynamic skater with top end speed, great at entering in the offensive zone

Connor last year had 38 goals with 73 points in 70 games

Matthews and Marner sure, but Tavares' contract is ugly and I wouldn't trade anyone in the top 6 for Tavares. I don't even like Wheeler's contract, but it's still better than what Tavares is locked into

Then as you mentioned you throw in bottom 6 guys who can play top 6 roles.
Leafs are lucky they live in an over rated city like Toronto where players will give up millions of dollars to win a cup for the most over rated franchise of all time

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Toronto is by far the best so it's really a debate for 2nd place. Between Tampa and Winnipeg IMO.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Toronto is by far the best so it's really a debate for 2nd place. Between Tampa and Winnipeg IMO.
Toronto is top 3 for sure but Tampa's forward group is pretty clearly better

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

The Leafs can't even outscore Tampa in a division that doesn't play a lick of defense and Tampa is spotting them a 100 point winger too :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad