Top 5 favorite Avs goalies

Top 5 Avs goalies

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Doesn't poll say favourite? You're technically right, but considering Avs put up with him as long as they did to try and win another Cup was simply nothing more than lost time. Kolesnik and Fiset were easily better, Fiset in particular was a borderline #1.

I guess the fraud part confused me.

Aside from one season where he was ok, Fiset was never that good for the Avs/Nordiques. He was solid for LA though, and had enough seasons in the NHL to say he was better than Aebi.

I'm not sure Kolesnik has much of a case though. He only played 8 games for the Avs and wasn't very good. Aebischer played 174 games, and a lot of them were pretty good. As a backup he was very good. As good as Pickard or Budaj, if not better. As a starter he was a little below average, but did a little more in the role than other backups given the chance.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Grubi has been here too short a time for me to put him in here.
Also, my picks are skewed towards newer history as that is when I started to be more invested with the Avs.

1. Patty
2. Boods
3. Varly
4. Jiggy
5. Pavel (which makes no sense considering what I said before but whatever).

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I voted for Tyler Weiman out of 100% pity.

Easily the best avalanche game ever.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Roy is a no brainer. Varly all things considered, should be close to one too. between Giggy and Theo, I always liked Theo more. so him. between the scrubs, Aebischer will always be the one I have soft spot for, since he is swiss. not every day you have a swiss goalie on your team, let's face it. lol and after that, voted for Pickard since he is such a nice guy. could have voted for record breaking Denis though. Grubauer should make the list by the end of his contract if all goes well. now? too early to put him, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad