Top 5 defenseman for the 2019 Draft

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Such a weak class for defensemen. Byram has legit top pairing upside, but that's it. I'm kinda high on Seider tho. Low on Broberg. Speed alone won't be enough to play with the big boys, so he has to refine his game a lot. Maybe I'm being too critical idk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like York and Heinola.

I haven’t been able to see Seider at all but I’ve heard good things.

I’m a bit skeptical of Broberg, but he skates beautifully.

Soderstrom kind of reminds me of Anton Stralman... good player, not sure how much offense is there.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I also have some questions about Byram, don't think pace of thinking is high enough right now. He's a good skater but his first step in particular needs work, compared to Thomson or Soderstrom who are better skaters. Like his skill level though.

In no particular order:
Byram
Thomson
Soderstrom
York
Heinola

Maybe Seider, but need to see more of him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Seriously? Watch a game of his then and not just watch hilights. Kid is dominant every game. No other dman in the draft comes close to him. Sorry if one of them is your brother.
As of now I don't think he's better than Soderstrom

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Seriously? Watch a game of his then and not just watch hilights. Kid is dominant every game. No other dman in the draft comes close to him. Sorry if one of them is your brother.
Easy to be dominant when playing vs children. Söderström and Heinola have been more impressive.

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Really? You're quick to judge someone saying they haven't seen Byram enough, but how much have you seen of York, Söderström and Heinola? Unless you've seen all 4 guys extensively, it's a very weird statement to make.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
For me it’s this:
Byram

Soderstrom
York

Heinola
Harley

Broberg and Seider are both good prospects, but they’re both so raw. Too much projecting for me to feel comfortable with using a 1st on them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->