Top 5 current Sabres?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
As in who would be our best players if we dropped the puck versus someone right this moment?

Dahlin
Tage
Tuch
Cozens
Power

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
When they show our record last year with and without Sammy in the lineup, it is hard to justify him not being in the top 5 I think.

With Sammy 30-17-4
Without? 7-15-3

Not sure any other player had quite that impact. Certainly, there are not 5 of them.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
When they show our record last year with and without Sammy in the lineup, it is hard to justify him not being in the top 5 I think.

With Sammy 30-17-4
Without? 7-15-3

Not sure any other player had quite that impact. Certainly, there are not 5 of them.
And if there weren't so many games Dahlin or Thompson? I like Sammy, but I think he's a little overrated here. It’s just that we didn’t have such a second type of defender as Samuelsson. If we had a conditional Dillon or McNabb for example, I think we said that Sammy is certainly not enough, but Dillon/McNabb also do a good job and partly make up for his loss.

I think we definitely have no one to replace Dahlin and take his load. By metrics, Dahlin was even better on defense than Sammy last season, although the metrics may not reflect everything, but it looks plausible to me. Not to mention his ice time, offensive play, passing, transition and everything else.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I <3 Quinn, and can see him becoming a better player than Cozens, but Im curious as to why you think he's better than Cozens now?
I would have backed him to make the leap if he was able to get a healthy off-season to catch up in terms of physical development, which to me is one of the 2 advantages Cozens has over him (skating is the other one). Once Quinn fills up a bit, gets stronger on his skates and gets used to the grind of the NHL season I think he'll be the 2nd best forward on the team after Tage.

Reactions: start winnin

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Not a top player ranking list, but the players the team misses when out of the lineup due to the uniqueness of what they bring to the current team-

1. Dahlin
2. Tuch
3. Samuelsson
4. Thompson
5. Cozens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad