Top 5 2005 Eligible Goalies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I would think Tyler Plante's value has to be skyrocketting.

He stepped in as a rookie, pencilled in for backup duties in Brandon this year - and took over by late December. He has since elevated the Wheat Kings to 'contender' status and broke the all time team record with 6 shut outs this year. He has been unbelievable.

I know he was the CSB's 5th rated NA goalie before he caught fire, who knows where he ranks now.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Le Golie said:
I would think Tyler Plante's value has to be skyrocketting.

He stepped in as a rookie, pencilled in for backup duties in Brandon this year - and took over by late December. He has since elevated the Wheat Kings to 'contender' status and broke the all time team record with 6 shut outs this year. He has been unbelievable.

Agreed.

Good size at 6'2" as well. If Brandon goes deep into the playoffs (which they should) the exposure should give him a nice boost. 34-11 this year ... not too shabby.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him pass the QMJHL guys.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Plante is a definite riser. I have him ahead of both Vincent and Levasseur (though I've seen the latter only once live and once on TV). Czech's Ondrej Pavelec is another one who should be in the top 5. Biggest sleeper right now IMO.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
IMO it goes like this

1) Tuukka Rask
2) Carey Price
3) Alexandre Vincent
4) JP Levasseur
5) Ondrej Pavelec

The top 4 is really, really good. Look for Vincent to be this year's Dubnyk; not very high on the scouting list, but a team who is high on him could take him top 15 for sure IMO. When you watch him play, you see he is really special. Seriously, I've never seen a goalie that huge with that quickness in the QMJHL.

X-SHARKIE

The ultra sleeper of the draft for goaltending is going to be Drew O'Connell of the Waterloo Blackhawks. I went to scout a game of the Gamblers and came away ultra impressed with O'Connell who is a Colorado College recruit.

Classic Butterfly goaltender who is taking a non playoff team right into the heart of the Championship run.

Could be USHL MVP.

TCB2004

Nov 29, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Rask, Price, Vincent and Levasseur...

The top four look pretty set (although the order can vary immensely depending on the source). Pavelec also seem like one of the top propsects after those four. I've seen one draft guide that had big Ben Bishop at #59 in their March rankings. I would expect Jeff Frazee could also be appearing on some lists soon.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
TCB2004 said:
The top four look pretty set (although the order can vary immensely depending on the source). Pavelec also seem like one of the top propsects after those four. I've seen one draft guide that had big Ben Bishop at #59 in their March rankings. I would expect Jeff Frazee could also be appearing on some lists soon.

Don't be surprized if Plante overtakes one or two of them.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
markov` said:
IMO it goes like this

1) Tuukka Rask
2) Carey Price
3) Alexandre Vincent
4) JP Levasseur
5) Ondrej Pavelec

The top 4 is really, really good. Look for Vincent to be this year's Dubnyk; not very high on the scouting list, but a team who is high on him could take him top 15 for sure IMO. When you watch him play, you see he is really special. Seriously, I've never seen a goalie that huge with that quickness in the QMJHL.

Quicker than Luongo?

bruins4777*

pavel datsyuk said:
Quicker than Luongo?
Ya, i'd like to know that to, if he's quicker than luongo...damn thats some hell of a prospect.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
i asked this in a previous thread and it never got answered.... maybe it will this time:

how do the goalies from this years draft compare to the goalies last year? are rask/price any better than montoya/dubnyk/schwarz potential wise? do any styles seem similar?

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
fedorov_jr said:
i asked this in a previous thread and it never got answered.... maybe it will this time:

how do the goalies from this years draft compare to the goalies last year? are rask/price any better than montoya/dubnyk/schwarz potential wise? do any styles seem similar?

I wish I knew. lol

I think Schwarz is my number one out of those five. Followed by: Rask, Montoya, Dubnyk, Price.

But I'm willing to come striaght out and say it, I can't back that oppinion on any way. That's simply my preference...heck, Rask is so high on my list because he has an awesome name.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
Quicker than Luongo?

Never seen Luongo live in juniors.

When you'll see Vincent live, you'll understand me. No one moves like that, he's a phenomenon. Maybe it's not all about of his quickness but more the way he plays... some Sags fans here understand me. He has a very elusive style that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->