36.Sharks - Musty
37.Canadiens - Hrabal
38.Coyotes - Perron
39.Sabres - Akey
40.Capitals - But

Last edited:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
As a sabres fan I would gladly take Moore at 13th. Hoping for Willander or Musty at 39 but wishful thinking.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I respect anyone for their mock drafts and the work put into them. I would be angry if the draft went like this for the Habs.

Benson or Reinbacher instead of Leonard
Cristall instead of Wood
Musty instead of Hrabal

I understand all three picks. Leonard is safer but I think Benson has higher upside and Reinbacher is the Habs biggest need. Wood has high upside but I don’t trust his skating. Both him and Cristall are boom or bust types but I trust in Cristall better. Hrabal is a big need but Musty is a top 20 talent with consistency issues. He could be a huge pick while I feel that the Habs will use their 3rd round pick to select a goalie.

Reactions: Kaiden Ghoul

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
First off thank you for doing this, ignore us armchair critics, we're thrilled with having something to critique and will never be happy no matter what your list looks like.

You gave the Blues Barlow which I love but then you have them taking Dragicevic which would infuriate me. I'm extremely picky when it comes to defensemen and I don't like his defensive zone play or his heavy feet.

The Blues haven't taken a defender in the 1st for quite a few years but are positioned to do so this year with three picks inside the top 32. I'd need skating to be a + asset of whoever they take and Dragicevic doesn't have that. Give me Strbak at 27th and I'm content I've got a top 4 projected RD that can skate, defend, transition pucks out and contribute offensively. Basically a guy with much wider potential usage than what Dragicevic projects as of right now. With how few top picks the Blues expend on defensemen I'd need this pick to be an all situations defender and Strbak is my guy.

Neutral on the Brindley pick, you have Simashev and Honzek going before then which I agree with. Btw Honzek has stated in interviews that the Blues have talked to him more than any other team and the Red Wings have also talked to him a lot. With the Blues second 1st not coming till 21st at absolute best, the Wings are best positioned to get him at 17th and I'm suggesting that's exactly where he ends up going.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Awesome work. Love their first two picks for the Sharks, but there’s a host of players (Stenberg, Hrabal, Musty, Lindstein, etc.) that I’d rather take at 36 over Nadaeu.

Reactions: Gecklund

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Awesome work. Love their first two picks for the Sharks, but there’s a host of players (Stenberg, Hrabal, Musty, Lindstein, etc.) that I’d rather take at 36 over Nadaeu.
I completely missed Stenberg it seems which I have as a first rounder

Reactions: Juxtaposer

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I respect anyone for their mock drafts and the work put into them. I would be angry if the draft went like this for the Habs.

Benson or Reinbacher instead of Leonard
Cristall instead of Wood
Musty instead of Hrabal

I understand all three picks. Leonard is safer but I think Benson has higher upside and Reinbacher is the Habs biggest need. Wood has high upside but I don’t trust his skating. Both him and Cristall are boom or bust types but I trust in Cristall better. Hrabal is a big need but Musty is a top 20 talent with consistency issues. He could be a huge pick while I feel that the Habs will use their 3rd round pick to select a goalie.
I'd be angry as a Habs fan too, but we already know who our management likes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad