Top 40 NHL prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Aug 15, 2003
Toronto
cujorulz said:
MIkko Koivu should be on this list! To be selected 6th overall that you have a little bit of talent....
Yeah, Edmonton drafted Steve Kelly and Boyd Devereaux 6th overall in consecutive years.. There you go!

Sticky*

montreal said:
I did a list of the top 40 prospects that have been drafted already but haven't played a game in the NHL yet. No goalies were on the list, as I was asked to put this list together that way. I may be missing some, and there's a few that many won't agree with. I've seen a lot of them, but not all of them, so I had to go off what I know from talking to other writers here at HF, and a few pro scouts I've spoken with over the years.

I didn't type team or first names cause I'm lazy if you can't figure it out, ask. And I can't spell all that good either. ;)

Top 40 Prospects

1. Kastsitsyn
2. Parise
3. Carter
4. Steen
5. Getzlaf
6. Suter
7. Grigorenko
8. Jukinen
9. Mirnov
10. Kahnberg
11. Perezhogin
12. Welch
13. Fehr
14. A. Stewart
15. Higgins
16. O'Sullivan
17. Nilsson
18. Doug Lynch
19. Kosmachev
20. Slater
21. Richards
22. Vanek
23. Coburn
24. Polushin
25. Eriksson
26. Shkotov
27. Jurcina
28. Ramholt
29. Evaes
30. Moyzakin
31. Boyle
32. Carle
33. Zakharov
34. Fleishman
35. Kanko
36. Bochenski
37. Gladskikh
38. Evaes
39. Plekanec
40. Jessiman

Terrible list. Where's Phaneuf. Huge oversite.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Zach Parise is overrated... I'd be tempted to rank guys like Steen, Mirnov, Perezhogin, and Grigorenko much higher. Just based on their success in the men leagues they play in.

Your just jealous because your big rival got Parise and you didn't :)

Wait till Zachamania comes to the marsh.

leafaholix*

DownFromNJ said:
Your just jealous because your big rival got Parise and you didn't :)

Wait till Zachamania comes to the marsh.
NJ isn't a rival of the Leafs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't like this list at all. One of the worst I have seen lately.

Important players missing and the order of those who are there is generally weird.

I'm worried by the fact that you're an editor/writer at HF. It does look like you're lacking in objectivity and this list is not thorough.

Oh well, it's all just opinion. But the order is just one persons opinions, why do they need to all be alike. I have a different opinion on several players based off what I've seen mostly.

What "important" players are missing outside Phaneuf, Stuart and Ruzicka?

Me being a writer has noting to do with this list.

leafaholix*

MissionHockey said:
Another person who'd rather have size over skill...
I never said that... but he's got to get a lot stronger before being considered as one of the top players "not in the NHL".

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
He's still overrated... he's definately not one of the top 5 or even 10 players "not in the NHL".

He was physically dominated by the Finnish players... that's a big problem.
I agree he is overated but there is no way your boy Steen is even close to him at any aspect of the game. I would have him around #4.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't like this list at all. One of the worst I have seen lately.

Important players missing and the order of those who are there is generally weird.

I'm worried by the fact that you're an editor/writer at HF. It does look like you're lacking in objectivity and this list is not thorough.

Montreal is actually the best poster about the habs and if you ask about his work on the Canadiens board, everyone will agree that he's doing a fantastic job.

As much as this list looks kinda weird (despite being a great job, I admire the work you did and the fact that you really told us what you thought), it doesn't mean that his work as a writer for the Habs is bad.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
I agree he is overated but there is no way your boy Steen is even close to him at any aspect of the game. I would have him around #4.
Take your own advice... try watching prospects before you comment.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Take your own advice... try watching prospects before you comment.
I seen Steen, probably more times then you. He is probably a bit faster then Parise but thats about it. Parise is a better playmaker/scorer, better defensivly (allthough Steen is good), better leader. Heck Parise is just an allround better player. There is a reason NCAA followers consider him the best 3 zone player in all NCAA and the most feared player. (offensivly)
Parise has 1st line center, 70-80 point potential playing good two way hockey. Steen 50-60 two way 2nd line forward.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
I seen steen, he is probably a bit faster then Parise but thats about it. Parise is a better playmaker/scorer, better defensivly (allthough Steen is good), better leader. Heck Parise is just an allround better player. There is a reason NCAA followers consider him the best 3 zone player in all NCAA and the most feared player. (offensivly)
Parise has 1st line center, 70-80 point potential playing good two way hockey. Steen 50-60 two way 2nd line forward.
Thank you for proving my point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
Ryan Whitney, Mikko Koivu.

To me, it has. It tells me I have to take your contributions as a writer with a grain of salt.

Whitney has a lot of holes in his game, imo. Koivu I have around 40th, not overlly impressed with him.

Take my writings with a grain of slat, it doesn't matter what you or I say, it's all just opinion. I can back up anything about any Hab prospect. I spend a lot of time rescearching and watching all Hab prospects. When it comes to Hab prospects, fire away! :rolly:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Thank you for proving my point.
Proving the point that you don't have a leg to stand on when talking about prospects? I seen your posts.....you are a trouble maker with Habs fans and know nothing about prospects.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Proving the point that you don't have a leg to stand on when talking about prospects? I seen your posts.....you are a trouble maker with Habs fans and know nothing about prospects.
I'm not the one measuring leadership.

Saying "player x" is a better leader then "player y".

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Duff88 said:
Montreal is actually the best poster about the habs and if you ask about his work on the Canadiens board, everyone will agree that he's doing a fantastic job.

As much as this list looks kinda weird (despite being a great job, I admire the work you did and the fact that you really told us what you thought), it doesn't mean that his work as a writer for the Habs is bad.

Thanks. It's not a big deal though, as HF is more about jumping on someones opinions then adding anything of value. I've been here a long time, and I'm used to how things go. When I first ranked the Habs page, I got flamed on this board for being too much of a homer, while on the Habs board I got flamed for the exact same rankings saying I was too harsh on my rankings.

It's all just opinions, and one persons doesn't mean anything. It's just for fun. I just posted what I feel are the top prospects based off what I've seen.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
I'm not the one measuring leadership.

Saying "player x" is a better leader then "player y".
Nothing wrong with doing that. Parise is an outspoken leader who leads both by example and vocally. He is a proven leader at the age of 19 even on a college team with many 20, 21 and 22 year olds.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
montreal said:
Thanks. It's not a big deal though, as HF is more about jumping on someones opinions then adding anything of value. I've been here a long time, and I'm used to how things go. When I first ranked the Habs page, I got flamed on this board for being too much of a homer, while on the Habs board I got flamed for the exact same rankings saying I was too harsh on my rankings.

It's all just opinions, and one persons doesn't mean anything. It's just for fun. I just posted what I feel are the top prospects based off what I've seen.
Common.....you know how the majority of Habs fans are with prospects. Komisarek = Stevens with offense, Plekanek = Hossa......listen to guys outside your fanbase who don't cheer for Boston and Toronto.

PS: Not all Habs fans are bad like this, a learge percent are though

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Nothing wrong with doing that. Parise is an outspoken leader who leads both by example and vocally. He is a proven leader at the age of 19 even on a college team with many 20, 21 and 22 year olds.
And Steen's been the captain for every Junior team he's played for.

He's been praised by coaches in Sweden as a great leader.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
And Steen's been the captain for every Junior team he's played for.

He's been praised by coaches in Sweden as a great leader.
Being a leader in North America is a little different from being a leader in Europe....no offense but the best leaders in the NHL are from North America.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Being a leader in North America is a little different from being a leader in Europe....no offense but the best leaders in the NHL are from North America.
Good point.

Parise is a better leader because he's North American.

:shakehead

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Good point.

Parise is a better leader because he's North American.

:shakehead
I didn't say that, Most would take a good leader from NA over a good leader from europe anyday. Berglund was suppost to be an excellent leader in europe...that hasn't translated in NA has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->