Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
st_roland said:
Why do you have to be so f'n rude? He just put up this list as a favor to me, and all he gets from the peanut gallery is insults like this. If you want to see someone with class post how he disagrees with an opinion, check out Brocks post.
:joker: We've all noticed that!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hokay said:
Do you think Mikko Koivu and Ryan Whitney could be in your list?

No. Koivu I had right around 40th, I'm concerned about his progression, but I've seen so little of him I have to go off numbers. Whitney I've seen a good bit, he reminds me of Hainsey a bit, in that he isn't physical enough for his size, skates very well, good shot from the point on the PP, but in his own end he needs improvement.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leafaholix said:
Zach Parise is overrated... I'd be tempted to rank guys like Steen, Mirnov, Perezhogin, and Grigorenko much higher. Just based on their success in the men leagues they play in.

Overrated, maybe, but to me he's the top player in the NCAA and he's only a sophmore. I'll say this, there aren't many drafted prospects not in the NHL better then Parise. Plays a solid all round game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Interesting list, that's for sure.

No Whitney?

Also which Eaves is that, Ben or Pat?

Both Eaves are on there. Pat then Ben. Ben's size is more a of concern, but I enjoy seeing both play, as they bring a intense physical game.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Whitney gets zero respect here, it makes me sad, it really does.

The guy isn't a physical defenseman, he's an offensive defenseman, and he's great at what he does.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
montreal said:
Phaneuf was left off cause the list is for a draft and he was already taken. He'd be #1 if not.

This is all for some draft you're doing? Why not STATE THAT ON YOUR ORIGINAL POST? :dunno:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
montreal said:
Well it's not meant for people to agree with. I've seen a lot of different leagues like NCAA, OHL, QMJHL, RSL, sm-liiga, but I've only seen a little of WHL, and SEL. It's hard to have an opinion on every prospect, but I've seen most of them once or twice, which is not a good way to judge talent, but someone asked me to do this so I threw together who I found were the top prospects drafted but not in the NHL.

Vanek I've seen a lot, and I'm disappointed with, hence the lowering rating. Lots of skills, but effort isn't always there. I get just about every UMinn game on tv. Jessiman I feel is overrated a bit due to his size. He's still very good, but I expected more from him this year. Stepniak was the better player at Dartmoth this year, imo. Coburn I had to refer to others as I've seen only a few times, but wasn't impressed with his game. Not very physical for such a big guy. I could easily be wrong. Stuart I had right around Jessiman. Jokinen is putting up impressive numbers for Karpat for 2 seasons now, stars got a real good one, imo. Kahnberg has shown steady improvement year over year and seems to be having a great season. Kosmachev I've seen little of so I could be dead wrong on this guy.

Well I think people have to realize this is just your personal list, a list of preference. It's not how you feel the top 50 prospects in the NHL should look.

I just disagree with some of your preferences, but thats healthy human nature.

I own Jokinen in the HFNHL, and while he's a good prospect, I just don't see him being close to the level of some of the other guys. So I'm even bias towards him. And with Kahnberg, his stats sure were impressive this year, but he's also 24.

leafaholix*

montreal said:
Overrated, maybe, but to me he's the top player in the NCAA and he's only a sophmore. I'll say this, there aren't many drafted prospects not in the NHL better then Parise. Plays a solid all round game.
Except he can be dominated physically.

Not a fan.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Whitney gets zero respect here, it makes me sad, it really does.

The guy isn't a physical defenseman, he's an offensive defenseman, and he's great at what he does.

Yes but he's not that good of an offensive defensmen, certainly not great. He's a good prospect no doubt, but I don't think he's at the top. I'd take Welch over him any day.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bluenote13 said:
This is all for some draft you're doing? Why not STATE THAT ON YOUR ORIGINAL POST? :dunno:

No, I did this list for someone in a draft. The list is who I think are the top 40 NHL drafted prospects not in the NHL, minus all goalies and Phaneuf. Sorry should have been more clearer.

So change it to

1. Phaneuf
2. the rest of the top 40 minus all goalies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brock said:
Well I think people have to realize this is just your personal list, a list of preference. It's not how you feel the top 50 prospects in the NHL should look.

I just disagree with some of your preferences, but thats healthy human nature.

I own Jokinen in the HFNHL, and while he's a good prospect, I just don't see him being close to the level of some of the other guys. So I'm even bias towards him. And with Kahnberg, his stats sure were impressive this year, but he's also 24.

Like I said with Jokinen, I only got to see Karpat once, but I think he's a solid prospect and he's putting up very good numbers in a tough league to score.

Kahnberg still fits the HF guidelines, and he's having a heck of a year, so I feel he should be up there 24 or not. Some guys don't step it up till a few years later. Moyzakin is in the same boat. Highly skilled, but on the small side and a few years older then most of these kids.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leafaholix said:
Except he can be dominated physically.

Not a fan.

His size is a concern, but he's got a ton of skill. There's a reason why he's been considered one of the top players in all of the NCAA for 2 years in a row.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ducksflytogether said:
No Corey Perry?

No, not top 40. He's shown improvement over last year skating wise, but I see him as a Wellwood, Locke player. Lots of skills just quesitons about his game at the next level. Maybe he should be up there, but I haven't been overly impressed with any of Perry, Wellwood and Locke. But if Mike Ribeiro can lead the Habs in scoring, a guy who was soft skinny, lazy, poor defensive play skating and size there's hope for all 3. ;)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
montreal said:
Top 40 Prospects

8. Jukinen

If this is supposed to be Jussi Jokinen, then all I have to say is :handclap: :handclap: ....finally some love from someone other than a Stars fan :bow: .

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Zach Parise is overrated... I'd be tempted to rank guys like Steen, Mirnov, Perezhogin, and Grigorenko much higher. Just based on their success in the men leagues they play in.
HAHA, I smell a Homer

Parise dominates the WJC.....a tourniment Steen played in. The irony in that. Parise was physically dominated yet he still creates the game tieing goal vs Canada and the short handed goal vs Finland. I guess he is getting physically diminated in college hockey too, twice a Hobey Baker finalist in his only two seasons.
What a joke....try watching prospects before you comment.

mcarrick16

May 13, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
MIkko Koivu should be on this list! To be selected 6th overall that you have a little bit of talent....

is stats in the SM-ligua is better now and becaming a key player

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
montreal said:
I did a list of the top 40 prospects that have been drafted already but haven't played a game in the NHL yet.

I don't like this list at all. One of the worst I have seen lately.

Important players missing and the order of those who are there is generally weird.

I'm worried by the fact that you're an editor/writer at HF. It does look like you're lacking in objectivity and this list is not thorough.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Oh, I should also point out that while I think Jokinen is way too high on your list, I am actually glad he gets some recognition. I've been amazed for months that he is so unnoticed.

So the redeeming value of this (IMO poor) list are the less known names.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Fantastic to see Kahnberg crack the top 10 on a person's list. Considering the fact that i'm getting the feeling he's not going to be included on the HF's Top 50, which is a crying shame.

Not much else to say about the rest of the list, as it seems sporadic at best, but nice effort and it's good to see some of the names that made it.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
HAHA, I smell a Homer

Parise dominates the WJC.....a tourniment Steen played in. The irony in that. Parise was physically dominated yet he still creates the game tieing goal vs Canada and the short handed goal vs Finland. I guess he is getting physically diminated in college hockey too, twice a Hobey Baker finalist in his only two seasons.
What a joke....try watching prospects before you comment.
He's still overrated... he's definately not one of the top 5 or even 10 players "not in the NHL".

He was physically dominated by the Finnish players... that's a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->