Top 4 players All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
- My opinion is well stated in the 250 other threads about this topic, plus the all-time lists that I have been a part of here. You're the one that is not reading and applying it. In the same way that you ignored my question several times in the thread that you vomited on.

- He does not have a huge following nor does it matter. A YouTuber with 1.5 million subscribers doesn't make the top 5,000 list. He's not in the 90th percentile certainly. But showing what the internet likes most is definitely about as weak of a case as I've ever seen for anything...I'd leave that off your works cited pages in the future. It's a horrific thing to say.

- So, all we have to do is "sight [sic]" something that has 70,000 YT followers and then we win...? Is this is the game that you intend to play...?

- You keep coming back with "there was only six teams...so therefore..." I can't imagine that carries more weight than "Crosby > Howe" because of points per game in a career that hasn't seen its downside yet...

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
When the NHL had 6 teams, Gordie Howe maxed out at 95 points.

Thankfully, the league doubled in size 16 seasons later so he could celebrate his 40th birthday by putting up 103 points.

Maybe in 2027 the NHL will grow to 62 teams so Sidney Crosby can celebrate his 40th birthday with a 150 point season, which would prove once and for all that size really does matter.

Reactions: Sentinel

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
- My opinion is well stated in the 250 other threads about this topic, plus the all-time lists that I have been a part of here. You're the one that is not reading and applying it. In the same way that you ignored my question several times in the thread that you vomited on.

- He does not have a huge following nor does it matter. A YouTuber with 1.5 million subscribers doesn't make the top 5,000 list. He's not in the 90th percentile certainly. But showing what the internet likes most is definitely about as weak of a case as I've ever seen for anything...I'd leave that off your works cited pages in the future. It's a horrific thing to say.

- So, all we have to do is "sight [sic]" something that has 70,000 YT followers and then we win...? Is this is the game that you intend to play...?

- You keep coming back with "there was only six teams...so therefore..." I can't imagine that carries more weight than "Crosby > Howe" because of points per game in a career that hasn't seen its downside yet...

-I dont know what any of this means. He has one of the biggest youtube followings on the planet for NHL. If he doesnt, show me a few NHL youtubers with 1.5 million. By all means.

-I like this board because its beyond biased. Its like the Montreal fan saying Im an idiot in the other thread when he has 5 Canadians in his Top 10 players all time. Yea, right. There is literally no one that would agree with that unless you are from Montreal.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Alright, challenge here:

If you're going to throw out the word "biased" as an insult, try explaining what that bias is, and perhaps offer some insight as to what might lead to that bias, and how it contrasts with your own.
Literally every human being is completely, thoroughly biased in their opinions, and if you don't understand your own, and how it might differ from others, the word doesn't mean anything more than "poopyface".

Reactions: seventieslord

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
-I dont know what any of this means.

Don't have to tell me twice.

If we start out with small digestible pieces...like Gordie Howe finished top-5 in scoring (ya know, actual scoring...not what he would have done but he only played 33 games in a season) for 20 straight years...are you just going to come back and say that that was pond hockey...? If so, when did hockey start? Ya know, the acceptable hockey that you like...NHL 94? I mean, the NHL in 1994...?

Reactions: seventieslord

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Alright, challenge here:

If you're going to throw out the word "biased" as an insult, try explaining what that bias is, and perhaps offer some insight as to what might lead to that bias, and how it contrasts with your own.
Literally every human being is completely, thoroughly biased in their opinions, and if you don't understand your own, and how it might differ from others, the word doesn't mean anything more than "poopyface".

-Pretty simple. There is literally no one, not one link, source, anywhere on the internet anywhere, that objectively thinks the Montreal Canadians seriously have 5 of the Top 10 players in NHL history. Its honestly one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever read on this board or quite frankly anywhere and this poster is deemed to be "smart". This poster is a Canadian fan living in his heyday 60 years ago.

-As opposed to my viewpoint, going back to the thread title, Ive posted at least 10 links that support my claim. Whether its other people agreeing, era adjusted stats, points per game stats, etc.. There was a thread on this very forum as to who the "5th" best player all time was. Last I checked it was between Jagr and Crosby running away from the field from any other player in peoples votes.

-If I say something, I have several links to back up what I say. I wouldnt be dumb enough to say the Penguins have 5 Top 10 players all time. And quite frankly, the best 5 Penguins all time are easily better then Montreal's 5 best players all time, but Im not going there to ruin my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad