Speculation: Top-4 Defender

Geno Machino

Jan 6, 2013
:huh:

Anyway, forecaster is a good resource for finding out the type of game someone plays, but it's far from the be all end all of player analysis.

They had Nick Boynton's upside listed as "franchise defenseman" when he was struggling to find a job as a #6.

SO Genius why isn't anyone that covers the Pens
talking about the real possibility of losing the legend in the making Strait ?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Haha, who said he was a legend in the making?

He's likely a steady #6 guy, if anything. This wouldn't even be an argument if you weren't flying off the handle over nothing.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yep because one nobody became a somebody It will happen with all of them:laugh:

Right, genius. And Strait may be a somebody. He's waiver eligible so it's time to find out what we have.

Because camp hasn't even started and lineups haven't even started to shake out?

Everyone knows he's waiver eligible except for you, genius.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

What's with the hate on for Strait? No he hasn't proven a lot with the Pens, however we haven't really given him much of a chance. He's proven everything possible at the AHL level.

He's more than likely to be a NHL contributor on an NHL team. Whether that's with the Pens or with someone else remains to be seen. He's easily capable of being on our 3rd pairing, and if it wasn't for Engellands physicality/toughness that we're lacking, I'd play Strait over him.

Geno Machino

Jan 6, 2013
the baby guins are on playing the flyers minor league team on comcast ch. 188. Yw n let's go pens! Phantoms broadcasters

Cspeirs4

Jan 26, 2011
Dream partner for Letang... Alex Edler. Big, physical, mobile pmd. Cap hit is relatively low for his abilities, and I'm sure his next contract's cap hit wouldn't be absurd. But like I said, DREAM partner :(

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Dream partner for Letang... Alex Edler. Big, physical, mobile pmd. Cap hit is relatively low for his abilities, and I'm sure his next contract's cap hit wouldn't be absurd. But like I said, DREAM partner :(

Somewhere between 5 and 6m. Would love to see him on our blueline.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I just don't see them letting Strait go before Lovejoy unless they are absolutely positive he won't make it through waivers. Lovejoy is 3 years older and has very little upside in value. He's on the last year of his contract and with all the D-men in the Pens system he's as good as gone anyway. Why would you let Strait go through waivers to save Lovejoy? I think Strait is a RFA again next year so they can qualify him again. Doesn't make sense. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad