Top 4 countries?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Canada
Russia
Sweden
Finland

I think Russia is being slightly underrated. They're offence is second only to Canada, and Bobrovsky and Vasilevsky are both incredible. Their defence is also in a better shape than ever before.

They still don't come close to Canada though:)

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
USA? Last time when USA made the IIHF final game was 1960.

Canada-Russia-Sweden-Finland--USA/Swiss/Czech
Yes but the USA has very strong NHL-Power. On best on best they gain good results(Winner world cup of hockey 96 and finalists olympics 2002 and 10).

Reactions: Yawn and Koijari

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
I think the question top 4 nations is al little bit unlucky(sorry)! We ve Top 5 in Hockey World! It s difficult to disguise Russia or Finland.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

I like how you use the IIHF worlds as your argument and then put 3 teams in your top 4 that didn't even medal this year. :thumbu:

Best on best USA is in the top 4, which is the original question.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com

Which are the top 4 teams in men's hockey today?

That was the question.

And anybody not putting the USA in the top 4 is only doing it because of anti-American sentiment. The USA has the best talent and depth other than Canada. There really shouldn't be much argument there.

Lollipop

Jul 23, 2013
Which are the top 4 teams in men's hockey today?

That was the question.

And anybody not putting the USA in the top 4 is only doing it because of anti-American sentiment. The USA has the best talent and depth other than Canada. There really shouldn't be much argument there.

I think USA is in top 4 but are they better than Sweden and Russia? I don't think so. If USA has so much depth then why can't they win IIHF World championships? Or even play in the final since 1960?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I think USA is in top 4 but are they better than Sweden and Russia? I don't think so. If USA has so much depth then why can't they win IIHF World championships? Or even play in the final since 1960?

If Olympics are best on best how is Russia in your top 4 and above USA if they haven't won a medal since 2002 when they won a Bronze? In that same time frame US has 2 Silvers and 3/4 of their eliminations came from Canada ofc. Obviously 2018 doesn't count unless you're going to tell me KHLers vs College kids is best on best. lol

Sweden sure I can understand some people rating them above the US. I disagree since I believe in recent drafts US has filled their positional need better than Sweden. Sweden can add all the great defensemen in the world, you still only play 6 generally lol! But Russia? Nah.

Just make a 2018 or 2022 roster with the best players and try and tell me USA isn't at least 2nd now.

Reactions: Ducks76 and Koijari

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad