12.Auston Matthews:leafs
13.Jack Eichel:sabres
14.Brad Marchand:bruins
15.Alexsander Barkov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I like Scheifele's consistency over the last few years and he plays for my favorite team so I'm biased, but there's still an argument to be made for the proven commodity. Plus he was excellent in the playoffs for us.

Reactions: qqaz

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
tough call. Schiefele has been a ppg player for 4 years and is basically a lock for 80-85pts if healthy

went with Zibanejad because he hit a level Schiefele hasnt even sniffed this year (41g/75pts in 57 games)
not like it was out of nowhere either, he had what 30g/75pts last year?

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Scheifele has done better for longer, but Zibanejad had a better peak this year than Scheifele this year. Tough call. Tough names to spell too.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Zibanejad is a more dynamic player. If he can produce at a similar rate next year, he passes Scheifele, and a good number of others on the list ahead of him.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Scheifele, been consistently great for years now.... Zibanejad has to prove he can do what hes doing over more than just one season.
what are you talking about? Zibanejad has had two great seasons. pay attention next time.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
what are you talking about? Zibanejad has had two great seasons. pay attention next time.

But by that same token Scheifele's had 5 great seasons then, with 4 seasons at PPG to the 1 season Zibby's played at PPG+ for just over 2/3rds of the season. Zibby's gotta repeat these results for it to be decisive imo which is what the other poster was saying. I don't think that's too out of line, especially since Scheifele is a pretty damn good player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Heartbreaking as it is probably 2 of my favorite forwards in the game

The other is Mark Stone. Wow can't believe he was voted #19

Sens are really good at producing hockey players! Too bad it cost a lot of money eventually

Also heartbreaking to not see Karlsson in that list anymore. I know it allowed the Sens to get the 3rd OA this year and Josh Norris but I really hope EK recovers and rebound big time.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
what Zib is doing this year is nothing compared to what he did last year.... Pay attention next time!

and as the other poster mentioned, Scheifele has double the "great" seasons Zibanejad has.

Last edited:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I think its been something like 10 years since people started looking at shooting % as a measure of sustainability of production, and people still don't understand how shooting % works.

Zibanejad had a hot shooting year. He was never good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Scheifele. I can't believe people continue to fall for this crap over and over again without fail.

The fact that HF even considered Zibanejad a top 30 player let alone a top 50 player is/was a joke.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think its been something like 10 years since people started looking at shooting % as a measure of sustainability of production, and people still don't understand how shooting % works.

Zibanejad had a hot shooting year. He was never good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Scheifele. I can't believe people continue to fall for this crap over and over again without fail.

The fact that HF even considered Zibanejad a top 30 player let alone a top 50 player is/was a joke.
Maybe people actually watch the games and not just the advance stat line. He has had a slow start that doesnt erase how good he has been the past few years lol.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Maybe people actually watch the games and not just the advance stat line. He has had a slow start that doesnt erase how good he has been the past few years lol.

shooting % isn't an advanced stat. its goals/shots on goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad