Top 30 for 2008

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I am really enjoying seeing Zach Boychuk ranked so high. We are both from the same hometown, and seeing him ranked so high for next years draft is quite exciting.

Boychuk, along with Dana Tyrell being drafted last weekend and Darcy Campbell being signed by the Columbus Blue Jackets towards the end of last season, its an exciting time for hockey in Airdrie, Alberta.

I know what you mean-though he wasn't drafted high, watching Harrison Reed-a Carolina draft pick-get drafted with him being from my home town was exciting stuff. Hopefully he's in Sarnia 1 more year so I can actually meet the guy :)

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
big difference between esposito & stamkos.espo had radulov and a stacked team that won the mem cup and this draft year could not handle the offensive load as a 17/18 year old.stamkos scored 92 points as a 16year old on a team one year removed from 20th in the ohl.stamkos was third in rookie scoring only behind kane('88),gagner(89) . :teach:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Jeez, i watched some videos of top prospects, I ordered them in best to worst talent. And I listed them. I'm interested in next years draft, so what?

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Right now you are correct.....of course if John Tavares can get in then all bets are off.

I also think Kyle Beach will move up this year. Look for him to crack the top 10.

I agree, Without Constantine might be a problem, but Beach is focused on scoring high even without an experienced coach.

It's unfair to bring in Tavares, if one team comes 2nd last next year (they don't get him) And they come last the next year. which would suck. So just let him get a little better at hockey and then introduce him to the NHL.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Toews should not be rated that high. Wahl late 1st round if he continues to develop.

Well he was the leading scorer at Shattuck this year and he is 18 months younger than the oldest player, so he should get some consideration.

Noticed Shattuck still can't spell Winnipeg. Guess they don't have enough money in their budgets to get a spell checker for their coaches.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
ok guys, update next month. I actually did scouting this time.

1. Steven Stamkos.
2. Drew Doughty.
3. Zach Boychuk
4. Colton Teuburt.
5. Patrice Cormier.
6. David Toews.
7. Alex Pieterangelo.
8. Michael Del Zotto.
9. Kirill Petrov.
10. Chris Doyle.
11. Jamie Arniel.
12. Colin Wilson.
13. Mikeal Bødker.
14. Kyle Beach.
15. Jimmy Hayes.
16. Cody Hodgson.
17. Yann Sauve.
18. Alexander Neron.
19. Zach Bogosian.
20. Kelsey Tessier.
21. Johan Motin.
22. Nikita Filatov
23. Vyacheslav Voynov
24. Phil McRae.
25. Anton Gustafsson
26. Jordan Eberle.
27. Luke Schenn.
28. Mitch Wahl.
29. Marc Barbeiro.
30. Kevin Poulin.
31. Tomi Karhunen.
32. Joakim Mattson.
33. Nathan Moon.
34. Vladimir Roth.
35. Mikhail Stefanovich
36. Phillipe Cornet.
37. Richard Manley.
38. Jaroslav Janus.
39. Jan Kana.
40. Philip Larsen.
41. Mattias Tedenby.
42. Thomas McCullum.
43. Tyler Cuma.
44. A.J. Jenks.
45. James Wright.
46. Daniel Despotovic
47. Andre Pettersson.
48. Luke Adam.
49. Geordie Wudrick.
50. Teighan Zahn.

Mikkel Bodker seems to be missing from these lists...

PensFan101, Bodker is ranked 13 on my list. And always has been

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Luke Schenn is better and has a higher ceiling than Alzer. Just the opinion of a WHL follower...

For once I agree whole heartedly with you. If Kelowna has a better season next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Schenn became a top 5 pick in the draft.

Mitch Wahl will see more time on the top 2 lines next year in Spokane. Some people don't realize that his production this year sky rocketed in the 2nd half after he spent much of the 1st half on the 3rd and 4th lines. He was downright dominant at times towards the end of the season, he will be a top 15 pick next year. Call me a homer if you want, but he's by far the best foward prospect I've seen in Spokane in the last 10 years.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
For once I agree whole heartedly with you. If Kelowna has a better season next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Schenn became a top 5 pick in the draft.

Mitch Wahl will see more time on the top 2 lines next year in Spokane. Some people don't realize that his production this year sky rocketed in the 2nd half after he spent much of the 1st half on the 3rd and 4th lines. He was downright dominant at times towards the end of the season, he will be a top 15 pick next year. Call me a homer if you want, but he's by far the best foward prospect I've seen in Spokane in the last 10 years.

I do have Mitch Wahl ranked No. 28. He is from a small hockey unit but that can't really mean anything. If Wahl gets any points at the TP game he'll be ranked high, Wahl is on my list to watch this year.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
ok guys, update next month. I actually did scouting this time.

1. Steven Stamkos.
2. Drew Doughty.
3. Zach Boychuk
4. Colton Teuburt.
5. Patrice Cormier.
6. David Toews.
7. Alex Pieterangelo.
8. Michael Del Zotto.
9. Kirill Petrov.
10. Chris Doyle.
11. Jamie Arniel.
12. Colin Wilson.
13. Mikeal Bødker.
14. Kyle Beach.
15. Jimmy Hayes.
16. Cody Hodgson.
17. Yann Sauve.
18. Alexander Neron.
19. Zach Bogosian.
20. Kelsey Tessier.
21. Johan Motin.
22. Nikita Filatov
23. Vyacheslav Voynov
24. Phil McRae.
25. Anton Gustafsson
26. Jordan Eberle.
27. Luke Schenn.
28. Mitch Wahl.
29. Marc Barbeiro.
30. Kevin Poulin.
31. Tomi Karhunen.
32. Joakim Mattson.
33. Nathan Moon.
34. Vladimir Roth.
35. Mikhail Stefanovich
36. Phillipe Cornet.
37. Richard Manley.
38. Jaroslav Janus.
39. Jan Kana.
40. Philip Larsen.
41. Mattias Tedenby.
42. Thomas McCullum.
43. Tyler Cuma.
44. A.J. Jenks.
45. James Wright.
46. Daniel Despotovic
47. Andre Pettersson.
48. Luke Adam.
49. Geordie Wudrick.
50. Teighan Zahn.

:handclap::handclap::yo: by far the best and most reasonable list so far.

X-SHARKIE

I'm not sure where this David Toews hype is coming from? Just the name?

I scouted Shattuck several times this year, and Toews wasn't anything special. To his credit he's a smart player who sees the ice well and is a good play maker. His hands are decent and he thinks the game well. That said he's much smaller than his brother and his skating is poor.

I was just as impressed with Shattuck's other 2008 eligibles such as Brock Montpetit, David Carle, and Jordan Murray.

In fact the best prospect on the team this year was a 2009 eligible, Stepan Novotny.

If Toews handles himself well in the USHL this season and works on his skating, then his stock will go up. But he's not top 10 material.

giovanni

May 14, 2007
Me and some buddies decided to look at 2008 elgibles on videos from some website. heres our list

1. Patrice Cormier.
2. Yann Sauve.
3. Zach Boychuk
4. Colton Teuburt.
5. Steven Stamkos.
6. David Toews.
7. Tomi Karhunen.
8. Phil McRae.
9. Vladimir Roth.
10. Chris Doyle.
11. Mitch Wahl.
12. Colin Wilson.
13. Drew Doughty.
14. Kyle Beach.
15. Cody Hodgson.
16. Alex Pieterangelo.
17. Michael Del Zotto.
18. Joakim Mattson.
19. Luke Adam.
20. Jordan Eberle.
21. Andre Pettersson.
22. Jamie Arniel.
23. Nathan Moon.
24. Jimmy Hayes.
25. Kevin Poulin.
26. Mattias Tedenby
27. Johan Motin.
28. Jan Kana.
29. Jordan Southorn
30. Luke Schenn

Comments, disagreeants, and also please add some more players to this list.

Thanks.

do you know team they are from, because i have no idea and i would like to follow up on certain players during the season.

thANKS IN ADVANCE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad