WJC: Top 3 players you're most excited to watch this year?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
it's not hard to figure out what he was trying to say, which is why I'm surprised you missed it so wildly

He said his favorite teams prospect is going to make everyone look bad followed by chirping another teams fan base for hyping their prospect. Is it that hard to figure out he was being an obvious homer?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Dahlin and a lot of Finns. Heiskanen and Tolvanen.

Honorable mentions: Välimäki, Vesalainen, Juolevi, Heponiemi.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Heres my top 8 of interesting players

1. Heponiemi (you wont score 71 points in 28 games for nothing,these games best player and best skater)
2. Heiskanen (best d-man in these games,by far)
3. Pettersson (the other 2 swedes gets way over hyped,this Swede is the best of their trio,by far,
he is sizzling hot at the moment)
4. Dahlin (he is only 17 and a d-man; everyone seems to forget that,
hyped as hell,interesting to see does he fail or prevail)
5. Tolvanen (K-H ******* L !!! enough said :) )
6. Hart (the player who is in most difficult position in these games,no matter what,
under biggest pressure,the entire Canada either hates him or loves him after these games
7. ERäsänen (biggest and meanest of these games,with a bomb coming from blue line
great pp player because of his steady passing,the most improved player of these games
8. Steenbergen (very interesting to see what kind of role Tyler actually gets,
sniper with a capital S,hopefully he gets best possible line mates

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Dahlin- Want to see where he fits on the plane of McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Laine. Keep in mind, Pujlu dominated this tourney last year.

Liljegren- self explanatory. Has been lights out post-mono, want to see him prove it further against his peers. Always had him in the top 10, going back to his D-1 and all of last year, but genuinely curious if the #1/#2 talk was ever warranted- despite how extremely optimistic of a notion that it may be.

Makar- Wasn't high on him his entire draft year when everyone else seemed to be. Actually had him out of my top 10 for most of the year. Wasn't sold on the quality of his competition, he would regularly just skate past people like pylons with zero resistance. Probably one of the most hyped prospects I've seen in a while (particularly with social media). Want to see if he's the real deal.

HM to the Fins

agreed with your assessment here but the hype was all generated from him and Fabbro in the under 18s, he was unreal on the ice with the national team and that's where all the hype came from. no one put much stock in his AJHL stats and understood he was only playing there to keep NCAA eligibility. He would have been a top 10 pick if he played in the WHL as well.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
As a Finn for me it's without much of a thought:

1) Tolvanen
2) Kupari
3) Heiskanen

Two top prospects and one who's still left to be drafted. Hope Kupari gets a chance to prove himself. Since he'll be overshadowed by the other two, I'll be cheering him the most!

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
agreed with your assessment here but the hype was all generated from him and Fabbro in the under 18s, he was unreal on the ice with the national team and that's where all the hype came from. no one put much stock in his AJHL stats and understood he was only playing there to keep NCAA eligibility. He would have been a top 10 pick if he played in the WHL as well.

That's fair, but the class of prospects entering that tourney (as I recall) wasn't anything special secondary to other commitments. Then the WJSS came up post-draft. I'm not here to criticize him too much, as much as I'm intrigued about him as a prospect. I think he's a pretty good talent, the hype was just unreal for him and I'm still pessimistic whether he ever really approached/deserved it. I would have put him in the 1st still but certainly not anywhere in the top 5 and I still stand by that. I guess we'll see moving forward. There are other hockey fans, even on this board, who thought he was the second coming of something extraordinary. I could certainly be very wrong about him.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Pettersson
Steel
Heiskanen

Honourable mentions to Chytil, Necas, Zadina, Brown, Hughes, Mete, Thomas, Steenbergen, Dahlin, Liljegren, Juolevi, and Tolvanen

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All the draft eligibles

But outside of that, my two favorite prospects in last years draft -
Elias Pettersson
Filip Chytil

Reactions: Peanut

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
- of course all the Red Wings prospects Kasper Kotkansalo, Gustav Lindström, Filip Larsson, Malte Setkov(?)
- Rasmus Dahlin & Andrei Svechnikov, first and second overall picks at the next draft.
- Quinn Hughes, imo best d-man after Dahlin at the next draft. Looks like someone who might interest Detroit front office.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Going to be a great tourney. Might rival the aho-pulju-laine-matthews-nylander-marner etc tourney.

1. Dahlin
2. Heiskanen
3. Petterson
4. Tolvanen
5. Svechnikov
6. Hieponemi
7. Makar
8. Liljegren
9. Juolevi
10. Ikonen

And a few more, top 3 simply is not enough.

Reactions: DieTomi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->