cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I love the Colorado mentions but even I think that's being optimistic :laugh:

Nashville
Winnipeg
San Jose

I know the Sharks are kind of a yin-yang team right now, but I think once they get going they'll be near the top of the conference. Hard to bet against a team with EK/Burns.

Yeah. We'd need to get a 1b C by the TDL and not hold Makar out until next season to keep him expansion draft exempt. I can see us being serious cup contenders next season; when Makar, Kaut & whichever other prospects who can win spots will have joined the senior team, and we'll have had a chance to see whether the Ottawa pick will net us that 1b C we're missing or if Joe can swing a trade for someone like Zibby.

But this year I can't see us winning more than 1 series, and even that I don't think we'll quite be able to pull off against either Nashville or Winnipeg.
I think Colorado is a Top6 Forward rental and Makar away from being contenders. Can't wait to have Barrie/Girard/Makar on the ice at all times.

Nah, we'd need a legit 1b C, not just any top6 rental.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
As a Jet fan I think we still have a ways to go before we get to the point we were at during last years playoffs. Some more growth and some guys playing to their potential and we will be a contender for sure. I think Nashville is still the team to beat. Minnesota scares me as well.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Beside Nashville (who is scary good) and Winnipeg, all the other teams have big flaws that take them outside of the contender conversation...

Colorado: defense, offensive depth
Calgary: unproven goaltending
SJ: no real flaw on paper (lack of speed, maybe?), but can't say I've been impressed when I watched them. Still early, though.

If I had to pick 3, I would go

#1. Nashville
#2. Winnipeg

#3. San Jose

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nashville, Winnipeg, and Vegas.

Vegas has crazy analytics. I'm expecting them to shoot up the standings.

Last edited:

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
San Jose should turn it around at some point I'm not comfortable taking them out of the top 3. Colorado has to beat both Nashville and Winnipeg to make the conference finals, so just no. Calgary looks good but I need to see more from the new tender, that being said I also think Martin Jones has been very overrated in light of his cup appearance. Calgary is my #4 just behind the Sharks and I'm hoping for a coach change for the Sharks to get some new gas

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The metro was designed to give the penguins favorable odds in the playoffs.

I wouldn't call handing them the Capitals every year "favorable odds."

They also had to play peak Rangers twice since the realignment.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Automatic Jets and Preds.

After that....in no order: Flames, Avs, Sharks and unfortunately can’t count out the Ducks...
Thanks for saying what no one else had the guts to say. The Ducks should get a mention. NAS and WPG are clearly the top 2 dogs, but ANA may be the best of the B squads. Getting healthier, with Fowler back in a month, and possibly Perry and Eaves before playoffs. Not even sure why people still hating on them. The only player to even remotely dislike is Kesler. It's ok, let them keep hating.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Nashville would have a cup by now if it weren't for Rinne. He's the only reason why they're not a serious cup contender

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Thanks for saying what no one else had the guts to say. The Ducks should get a mention. NAS and WPG are clearly the top 2 dogs, but ANA may be the best of the B squads. Getting healthier, with Fowler back in a month, and possibly Perry and Eaves before playoffs. Not even sure why people still hating on them. The only player to even remotely dislike is Kesler. It's ok, let them keep hating.
The fact that they survived while having so many injuries is scary... Getzlaf is a stud too.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The fact that they survived while having so many injuries is scary... Getzlaf is a stud too.
Lineup indeed looks scary on paper:

Aberg-Getz-Rakell Fowler-Montour
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg Lindholm-Manson Gibson
Ritchie-Henrique-Kase Larsson-Mahura-Dotchin-Welinski Miller

Leftovers: Perry, Eaves, Sprong, Rowney, Gibbons, Sherwood, Street

Doubt anyone wants that to be their 1st round match-up

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Lineup indeed looks scary on paper:

Aberg-Getz-Rakell Fowler-Montour
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg Lindholm-Manson Gibson
Ritchie-Henrique-Kase Larsson-Mahura-Dotchin-Welinski Miller

Leftovers: Perry, Eaves, Sprong, Rowney, Gibbons, Sherwood, Street

Doubt anyone wants that to be their 1st round match-up

As a Flames fan I’m pretty confident we would match way better now than a couple of years ago. Wouldn’t mind a first round tango.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
As a Flames fan I’m pretty confident we would match way better now than a couple of years ago. Wouldn’t mind a first round tango.
You are indeed a brave man knowing the history. Must admit I like the sound of it, though. Probably be one of the best 1st round matches to watch.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012

Even with decrepit Mike Smith or inexperienced Rittich in net? The Ducks would eat them alive in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad