Top 25 Under 25 #2

• Total voters

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I will be adding more players as we go just for times sake. Both Forwards and Defencemen will be considered. Must be UNDER 25.

So, who are the Top 25 Under 25 GOING FORWARD?

1. Connor McDavid
  2. ?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This needs more context. Do we mean right now or potential? For example Mackinnon was better than Matthews last season but I'd take Matthews long term. And Barzal needs to have a prove it year to be ranked over some guys but his potential is higher.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
This needs more context. Do we mean right now or potential? For example Mackinnon was better than Matthews last season but I'd take Matthews long term. And Barzal needs to have a prove it year to be ranked over some guys but his potential is higher.

It is “going forward”, thanks

I added that in right after originally posting!

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
IMO you have to go with centers here so

Matthews
MacK
Barzal
Eichel
Barkov

should be the next 5 IMO. The order will vary. Then Jones, and the Laine, then GODreau

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I actually prefer Barkov to Matthews but the guy can't stay on the ice. So Matthews here. Eichel so hard to judge because he has to do so much.

It doesn't matter as you will add more names, but including Gaudreau on the initial poll is interesting to me.

Hard to mix the forwards, d-men and goalies together in one ranking just because the non-forwards are so much harder to project. At the end of the day, if Jones or Provorov or Werenski or McAvoy end up close to the top of this list it wouldn't be shocking... but hard to vote for the young d-men now.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Definitely pick Matthews moving forward imo

You should add Dahlin the very next poll though.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Strange. In a poll of best U-23 players done just 2 days ago MacKinnon was chosen overwhelmingly after McDavid. And in another poll Barkov is creaming Matthews.
Anyhoo, I picked Mac.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Strange. In a poll of best U-23 players done just 2 days ago MacKinnon was chosen overwhelmingly after McDavid. And in another poll Barkov is creaming Matthews.
Anyhoo, I picked Mac.
because this one is going forward. I think it's fair to say MacKinnon and Barkov are better than Matthews currently, but it could easily change

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Anyhoo, I picked Mac.

All the polls depend on who sees them and when people are logged in. For example if 100 avalanche fans see it then it could be a runaway for MacKinnon

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Going forward I’d go:
MacKinnon
Barkov
Matthews
In that order.
Although to be honest I’d probably take Dahlin over some of these guys.
Add Drai

Last edited:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’m defining this as who I’d pay most on an 8 year deal and that’s Matthews, Jones, then Mackinnon for me.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I actually prefer Barkov to Matthews but the guy can't stay on the ice. So Matthews here. Eichel so hard to judge because he has to do so much.

It doesn't matter as you will add more names, but including Gaudreau on the initial poll is interesting to me.

Hard to mix the forwards, d-men and goalies together in one ranking just because the non-forwards are so much harder to project. At the end of the day, if Jones or Provorov or Werenski or McAvoy end up close to the top of this list it wouldn't be shocking... but hard to vote for the young d-men now.

Gaudreau has scored more points in a season than everyone but Mackinnon on this list. Most of them Gaudreau's second most productive season>these guy's best. It would be harder to come up with a reason for him not to be included in this poll.

Reactions: snipetype

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad