Salary Cap: Top 25 possible 2016 UFA's

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
looks like Stamkos to the Leafs is destined to happen. Hopefully not a Lebronesque dram filled saga...

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
For those without insider access, this was the ESPN list:

1. Steven Stamkos, C, Tampa Bay Lightning
2. Anze Kopitar, C, Los Angeles Kings
3. Dustin Byfuglien, D, Winnipeg Jets
4. David Backes, C, St. Louis Blues
5. Milan Lucic, LW, Los Angeles Kings
6. Andrew Ladd, LW, Winnipeg Jets
7. Alex Goligoski, D, Dallas Stars
8. Keith Yandle, D, New York Rangers
9. Eric Staal, C, Carolina Hurricanes
10. Mikkel Boedker, LW, Arizona Coyotes
11. Loui Eriksson, LW, Boston Bruins
12. Kyle Okposo, RW, New York Islanders
13. Dan Hamhuis, D, Vancouver Canucks
14. Jaromir Jagr, RW, Florida Panthers
15. Troy Brouwer, RW, St. Louis Blues
16. Frans Nielsen, C, New York Islanders
17. Jason Demers, D, Dallas Stars
18. Radim Vrbata, RW, Vancouver Canucks
19. Jiri Hudler, LW, Calgary Flames
20. James Reimer, G, Toronto Maple Leafs
21. Kris Russell, D, Calgary Flames
22. Dale Weise, RW, Montreal Canadiens
23. Cam Talbot, G, Edmonton Oilers
24. Shane Doan, RW, Arizona Coyotes
25. Darren Helm, C, Detroit Red Wings

Only ones that jump out would be Boedker, Hudler, Ladd. But a lot depends on what they decide to do with Eller going forward, not to mention Fleishman. I think Weise will be re-signed.

If Eller looks like a long term lock at LW AND they re-up Fleishman than there's no real need or place for Boedker. I still think it's possible they're traded for each other (Eller and Boedker).

Still have that hole at RW though. Maybe Smith-Pelly or Andrighetto will grab it this year.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
Vrbata for 2 years @ 4 million.

I'd like us to offer ~1st for Vrbata+Hamhuis at the trade deadline.

Hamhuis has been slipping as he gets older but he'd still be a steadying influence on our younger D corps. Even if he has to rotate with Gilbert for 6th D spot. After the playoffs I doubt we could afford more money tied up on D and he'd have to leave.

Vrbata would be similar to Vanek, if he has a good playoff run (hasn't had a good one yet) then I would offer him the 2 year deal. If not... well then we spent a first trying to get a Stanley Cup.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I still find it weird that Bergevin refuses to sign Jagr. Every year he's linked to Montreal in some way, every year we don't sign him and every year he continually puts up points/generally is awesome. A Jagr Habs jersey would be epic, plus he'd slot in perfectly on that second line next to Chucky and company.

I don't get it.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I still find it weird that Bergevin refuses to sign Jagr. Every year he's linked to Montreal in some way, every year we don't sign him and every year he continually puts up points/generally is awesome. A Jagr Habs jersey would be epic, plus he'd slot in perfectly on that second line next to Chucky and company.

I don't get it.

Name me one foward on the Habs lineup that is slow other than Semin?

No one. That's why Jagr isn't playing here.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Name me one foward on the Habs lineup that is slow other than Semin?

No one. That's why Jagr isn't playing here.
Jagr plays with the two youngest guys on Florida's team and he's still ripped even though he's 43... pretty sure he could keep up if he wanted to.

Vanek wasn't fast either and he did fine when he was here.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Only ones that jump out would be Boedker, Hudler, Ladd. But a lot depends on what they decide to do with Eller going forward, not to mention Fleishman. I think Weise will be re-signed.

If Eller looks like a long term lock at LW AND they re-up Fleishman than there's no real need or place for Boedker. I still think it's possible they're traded for each other (Eller and Boedker).

Still have that hole at RW though. Maybe Smith-Pelly or Andrighetto will grab it this year.

-Fleischmann is a must re-sign. His chemistry and performance with DD and Weise makes that a priority.
-Eller needs to be replaced on LW, and since DD has done so well in the 3rd line C position, Eller is replaceable. Trade or packaged for a LW or RW works.
-Boedker would be a nice fit, but only if he will re-sign. No more rentals.
-I think we need better on the RW than Smith-Pelly and Andrighetto. We need presence and ability with higher skill set, if we are making a run for the Cup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad