Salary Cap: Top 25 possible 2016 UFA's

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Loui Eriksson or Andrew Ladd please

I think both will get extended. Ladd is a core player in Winnipeg, I'd sign him LOOONNGGGG before Byfuglien.

Ericksson, Boston can't afford having him walk with all the talent that has left the last 2-3 years...trading him as a rental would be career suicide for Sweeney.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Stamkos is a very interesting case. Either the Lightning give up a lot to resign him or he's gone. Would not be surprised at all to see him in Toronto next year.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
I think both will get extended. Ladd is a core player in Winnipeg, I'd sign him LOOONNGGGG before Byfuglien.

Ericksson, Boston can't afford having him walk with all the talent that has left the last 2-3 years...trading him as a rental would be career suicide for Sweeney.

I could see Eriksson wanting out of Boston since he was mostly used as a 3rd liner there and the team will most likely not be in the playoffs this year.

Ladd, as you said is more likely to stay for the Jets.

These two would be my priority if I was MB all the other FA are not as interesting

Last edited:

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I would love to see Okposo in Montreal. He would fit in perfectly. "Dale Weiss with actual talent"
A bit harsh, no?

Okposo only has 5 more points than Weise who has 4 more goals. And let's not forget that Okposo plays with Tavares.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
For those without insider access, this was the ESPN list:

1. Steven Stamkos, C, Tampa Bay Lightning
2. Anze Kopitar, C, Los Angeles Kings
3. Dustin Byfuglien, D, Winnipeg Jets
4. David Backes, C, St. Louis Blues
5. Milan Lucic, LW, Los Angeles Kings
6. Andrew Ladd, LW, Winnipeg Jets
7. Alex Goligoski, D, Dallas Stars
8. Keith Yandle, D, New York Rangers
9. Eric Staal, C, Carolina Hurricanes
10. Mikkel Boedker, LW, Arizona Coyotes
11. Loui Eriksson, LW, Boston Bruins
12. Kyle Okposo, RW, New York Islanders
13. Dan Hamhuis, D, Vancouver Canucks
14. Jaromir Jagr, RW, Florida Panthers
15. Troy Brouwer, RW, St. Louis Blues
16. Frans Nielsen, C, New York Islanders
17. Jason Demers, D, Dallas Stars
18. Radim Vrbata, RW, Vancouver Canucks
19. Jiri Hudler, LW, Calgary Flames
20. James Reimer, G, Toronto Maple Leafs
21. Kris Russell, D, Calgary Flames
22. Dale Weise, RW, Montreal Canadiens
23. Cam Talbot, G, Edmonton Oilers
24. Shane Doan, RW, Arizona Coyotes
25. Darren Helm, C, Detroit Red Wings

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
A bit harsh, no?

Okposo only has 5 more points than Weise who has 4 more goals. And let's not forget that Okposo plays with Tavares.

Because I base my appreciation on what I see, not just stats, and history. Weise could very well only score 5 more goals till the end of the season. And Okposo wasn't playing RW with Tavares to start the season; Strome was, until he was sent down.

Just wow. you really think Weise has as much talent as Okposo? Really?

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Because I base my appreciation on what I see, not just stats, and history. Weise could very well only score 5 more goals till the end of the season. And Okposo wasn't playing RW with Tavares to start the season; Strome was, until he was sent down.

Just wow. you really think Weise has as much talent as Okposo? Really?

Nobody said that

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Nobody said that

Ok. My mistake, I think, for having wrote "Weise with acutal talent" while I was thinking "Weise with more talent".

Basically, I was comparing the two because they have kinda the same set of attributes and same strenghts at around the same "proportions", only Okposo's are at a higher level.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I'd resign Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann if he keeps his pace and sign Jagr. That's about it. The overpayment will be huge this summer. Maybe Jason Demers to replace Gilbert too.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I keep telling Leaf fans Stamkos will actually sign in Montreal...

- he wants to win
- he wants to play centre
- he is friends with Subban

I don't really think he will but it's fun to see their faces...nothing like an in person troll...

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

- he wants to win

I don't really think he will but it's fun to see their faces...nothing like an in person troll...

It would be an epic troll job.....too bad The Habs cant come close to that cap space

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It would be an epic troll job.....too bad The Habs cant come close to that cap space
A couple of trades and we could make it happen.

I'd be sad to see Stamkos leave Tampa though. He basically is the franchise over there and if they lose him they'll lose a ton of fans and maybe the franchise.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City

- he wants to win

Stamkos would cost WAY too much for what he is now. He's not the same player since his injury and on the market he'd probably get at least 8 millions for at least 6 years. No thanks.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Stamkos would cost WAY too much for what he is now. He's not the same player since his injury and on the market he'd probably get at least 8 millions for at least 6 years. No thanks.

Yeah I don't really think there's a great fit in Monteal anyway. Ironically, he'd be more of a fit if he wanted to play RW than C but we don't have the cap space and don't really have a great spot for him.

I just like the scenario because these Leaf fans have this insane hope that he'll come to Toronto which would be their dream, and then I say he's coming to Montreal and make it sound halfway plausible and it just ruins their day.

If he does go to Toronto it just proves he's not someone we'd want. He should stay in TB because he wants to win and why would he want to go to a basement dweller that he no chance of contending for many years. And why would he care about playing C vs RW. He should want to WIN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad