Top 25 Players in Arizona Coyotes History: #1

Who is the best player in Arizona Coyote's history?

• Keith Tkachuk

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Doug Smail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dale Hawerchuk

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Thomas Steen

• Shane Doan

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Paul Maclean

• Teppo Numminen

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Fredrik Olausson

• Oliver Ekman Larsson

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Ilya Bryzgalov

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Well folks it's time for a new poll series.

We're going to be doing a poll series for the top 25 players in each team (Sans Las Vegas). These polls will only consider time spent with each team in ? and not any other part of their careers.

I'll start a poll with a list of 10 players (2 LW, 2 C, 2 RW, 3 D, 1 G) and ask for suggestions throughout.

Also there will be 3 teams done at the 1 time so this month it will be Anaheim, Arizona and Boston, in February it will be Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina and so on.

So here goes, looking forward to everyone's participation and opinion:

On tap to be added:

LW- Morris Lukowich
C- Alex Zhamnov
RW-Radim Vrbata
D-Dave Babych
G- Nikolai Khabibulin

Reference:

Player Season Finder | Hockey-Reference.com (Skaters)
Player Season Finder | Hockey-Reference.com (Goalies)

In this poll I voted for Dale Hawerchuk.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I know he was a C but I would add Roenick before Vrbata & Lukowich and maybe Zhamnov too

Selanne should be included too

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How is Doan tied with Hawerchuk at 4 votes each?

I'm assuming it's people voting for best only since they've been in Arizona instead of the franchise as a whole. It's a weird situation because of the current Jets

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm assuming it's people voting for best only since they've been in Arizona instead of the franchise as a whole. It's a weird situation because of the current Jets

It is indeed a weird situation, I wish the Jets/Yotes had been more stable like the Raiders.:sarcasm:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hawerchuk, no idea how Doan is winning...

Roenick should be an option.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I voted for Doan simply because I’m not a fan of including the Jets guys...especially with a new Jets squad. I don’t like the idea of including Whalers or Nordiques in the future polls wither FWIW. The idea that a Golden Seal or Cleveland Barron would count as a Dallas Star is just weird to me.

Looking back, maybe I should just vote for hawerchuk instead of protest voting.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Nevermind, I see the reason. The polls have been confused. It started with a 'best of Arizona' history, now it's 'best of Jets and Arizona' history starting in poll #2.

Have to be more consistent, OP.

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Hawerchuck never played in Arizona. He was a Winnipeg Jet in the 80s, to me that means absolutely nothing for the Arizona franchise.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Unfortunately these polls aren't going the way I think they should go to truly reflect history and yes I should have been more clear on team name. That's fine as always I have another poll series in mind that'll start tonight. Thanks everyone for your continued support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad