Top 25 Moments of RAW.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
RAW did their list. Figured we can debate it and make or own.

25. Mae Young put through a table (March 13, 2000)
24. X-Pac upsets Razor Ramon (May 17, 1993)
23. Vince McMahon introduces Eric Bischoff as RAW GM (July 15, 2002)
22. Shane McMahon takes over WCW Nitro (March 26, 2001)
21. Mike Tyson faces off with ‘Stone Cold’ (January 19, 1998)
20. This is your life, Rock! (September 27, 1999)
19. Wedding Crashing ‘Game’ (November 29, 1999)
18. Festival of Friendship (February 13, 2017)
17. Edge’s farewell (April 11, 2011)
16. Silence is deafening [Triple H interrupts Undertaker’s return to set-up their WrestleMania match] (February 21, 2011)
15. Bedpan McMahon (October 5, 1998)
14. Shane O’Mac is back! (February 25, 2016)
13. The Charismatic Swanton Bomb (January 14, 2008)
12. DX invade WCW (April 27, 1998)
11. Brock Lesnar returns (April 2, 2012)
10. Draft Lottery (June 6, 2005)
9. Mankind wins it for WWE (January 4, 1999)
8. Women’s Evolution Begins [Trish Stratus/Lita Women’s title main event] (December 6, 2004)
7. The Architect destroys The Shield (June 2, 2014)
6. It’s Roman’s yard now (April 3, 2017)
5. The Rattlesnake stuns Mr. McMahon (September 22, 1997)
4. Chris Jericho’s WWE debut (August 9, 1999)
3. Occupy RAW (March 10, 2014)
2. CM Punk’s Pipebomb promo (June 27, 2011)
1. Austin’s Beer Truck (March 22, 1999)

I know which one in the top 10 is going to get the most heat. Mankind’s title win is way way way too low.

Also I’ll be honest. The beer truck is overrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
LOL @ the Roman thing at #6. Occupy Raw is way too high also.

Mankind and FoF are both way too low. Mankind should probably be Top 3, if not #1, but I can't really complain about 1 or 2.

I'd argue the Dudleys putting Mae Young through the tables it too low too.

I think Miz's cash in should probably be on there too.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Milk truck > beer truck

also im amazed Punk is at 2 lol. I agree though

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Pipe bomb is better than anything on the list tbh.There's some great, fun, amazing moments there but pipebomb tops all.

lulz at Roman being on the list.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Expanding on how much I hate Occupy Raw. It was so fake. Everything else in that story worked because it was real and natural and the crowd reacts were genuine. Occupy Raw was basically WWE taking all of them, re-packaging it as a WWE design, and redoing it. It was the equivalent of when companies try to relate to the crowd by using popular meme formats. It was gross.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Expanding on how much I hate Occupy Raw. It was so fake. Everything else in that story worked because it was real and natural and the crowd reacts were genuine. Occupy Raw was basically WWE taking all of them, re-packaging it as a WWE design, and redoing it. It was the equivalent of when companies try to relate to the crowd by using popular meme formats. It was gross.

I agree it's too high but it deserves to be on the list. It was a pretty big moment. If they did a more organic segment where Bryan puts the show to a halt until he gets what he wants then it probably does better.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Jericho's debut was awesome, but for me I enjoyed the pop from this first WWF Title 'win' over Triple H in April 2000, even though they ran the storyline bullying Hebner to overturn the decision it was still a great moment seeing Jericho come out with the belt around his waist.

jericho.png

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
They left out a lot of quality moments from the Attitude Era, sadly. I was shocked the Zamboni didn't make the list, along with Austin coming out to save team WWF from the WCW/ECW invasion, both classics.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I know one thing - I'll never forget where I was when the hero of this generation, THE BIG DOG himself, Roman Reigns triumphantly strolled to the ring on April 3 2017. Basking in the adulation of the crowd, THE ROMAN EMPIRE eloquently and with boundless charisma proclaimed that finally the WWE ring was HIS YARD. After years of wondering many fans felt a welcome sense of relief. I've rarely heard a crowd pop so loudly for its hero.

I also laugh at the Occupy Raw segment, mostly for reasons already mentioned. It's basically the segment in which WWE pretends that a shoot (fans being pissed about the treatment of Bryan) was a work (fans are angry at the villains).

It's actually not a horrible list. Really it should be even more biased toward the late 90s and early 2000s, though it does feature that era quite a bit, but it's only realistic that WWE would attempt to pump up its current product with its own list.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
To be honest, I don't mind Reigns being on the list. It is too high though.

The heat he got for that duration of time was nuclear and those chants were great. It is a great Raw moment and I think WWE deserves a lot of credit for letting the segment play out on its own with the fans (how they handled it after was terrible). Definitely one of my favorite Raw memories, I'd put it in the 20s.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
To be honest, I don't mind Reigns being on the list. It is too high though.

The heat he got for that duration of time was nuclear and those chants were great. It is a great Raw moment and I think WWE deserves a lot of credit for letting the segment play out on its own with the fans (how they handled it after was terrible). Definitely one of my favorite Raw memories, I'd put it in the 20s.

It being over the Shield break up is such a major crime.

I think think Foley winning the title should be number 1

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Look, I don't think you guys realize Roman doesn't care about your feelings because he's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy, he's THE guy!

OOOOOWAAAAAAAHHH!!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Jericho's win and reversal should be on the list. So should the milk truck. Vader destroying Gorilla Monsoon is another, and Ziggler's MITB cash in on Del Rio.

This is one of my personal faves, although I know it doesn't deserve to be on the list. Coach's reaction is hilarious.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Triple H crashing the wedding of Stephanie and Test I think was the first Raw I ever watched. Just by chance it was a huge moment in time.

Mankind winning the title has to be one of the 3 or 4 best moments, just because of the place it holds in wrestling history, nevermind Raw or WWE.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Triple H crashing the wedding of Stephanie and Test I think was the first Raw I ever watched. Just by chance it was a huge moment in time.

Mankind winning the title has to be one of the 3 or 4 best moments, just because of the place it holds in wrestling history, nevermind Raw or WWE.

It easily belongs above the beer truck IMO.

I think you could make an argument they the RAW/Nitro simulcast should be higher. That was one of the biggest moments in wrestling history. It certainly blew my mind when I saw it.

I am not sure DX invading WCW even belongs on the list.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Trying not to just hate on Roman for the sake of hating on Roman here, but was the "This is my yard now" thing ever talked about again beyond a day or two after it happened? I can't remember that being such an important moment that it would be put on this list, other than to just include a Roman moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->