Top-200 Hockey Players of All-Time

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You sure you didn’t submit the consensus for the first 100 names of the list, or that you only submitted your 101-220 at the beginning of the project?

For obvious reasons, most didn’t put much of any effort for the top 100 names since that project had recently been finished, but some did submit a list of 220 names and did stray from the final results of the top 100-project during their process.
I purposefully copied the final list of the top 100 project when submitting my top 220 list, instead of submitting my own revised top 100, because there was no plan to do anything with any revised top 100. If there had been interest in re-ranking the top 100, or at least tabulating it in a parallel, based on revised lists, it could have been interresting.

In fact - in retrospect, that's probably the biggest change I would propose to all those all-time ranking projects we have done. Keep the process exactly the same throughout, but when project concludes - have each voter (say, each voter who voted ~80% of the time to eliminate those who didn't participate) submit their own revised top 100 list - to see how much fluctuation there would have been from the initial list. Also - doing an aggregate of final lists, and comparing to aggragate of initial list and of final project rankings would be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad