13. Frk
14. Marchenko
15. Athanaisou
16. Pulkkinen
17. Paterson
18. Tvrdon
19. Callahan
20. Aubry

The rest, in order(let me know if I missed someone)

Lashoff
Almquist
Nicastro
Marshall
De Haas
Coreau
Who cares at this point...

Feel free to ask questions, and what's your list?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
When are we beginning the polls going? I'm guessing once the Griffins are finished?

Think we should wait and do it after the draft so we can include the most recent draft picks...

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We were saying after the draft the other day, think it makes sense especially given some of the guys we might be able to pick this year. They could jump some substantial players.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I'll give it a shot,

1) Tatar
2) Jarnkrok
3) Mrazek
4) Sproul
5) Jurco
6) Ouellet
7) Sheahan
8) Frk
9) Backman
10) Jensen
11) Ferraro
12) Athanaisou
13) Marchenko
14) Pulu
15) Tvrdon
16) Callahan
17) Paterson
18) Lashoff
19) Almquist
20) Nedomlel

Assuming Nyquist, Andersson, and Dekeyser have graduated.

Last edited:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Didn't include DeKeyser.

1. Jarnkrok
2. Tatar
3. Mrazek
4. Sproul
5. Ouellet
6. Sheahan
7. Jensen
8. Jurco
9. Ferraro
10. Pulkkinen
11. Marchenko
12. Backman
13. Frk
14. Marchenko
15. Athanaisou
16. Tvrdon
17. Almqvist
18. Nedomlel
19. Callahan
20. Paterson

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
1. Mrazek
2. Jarnkrok
3. Sproul
4. Tatar
5. Ouellet
6. Jurco
7. Sheahan
8. Pulkkinen
9. Backman
10. Jensen
11. Frk
12. Ferraro
13. Almqvist
14. Marchenko
15. Athanasiou
16. McKee
17. Tvrdon
18. Callahan
19. Paterson
20. Nedomlel

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought about that, but any of the players we draft will have that new car smell and might skew the rankings.

That already does happen, but if they wind up with Zykov or Pulock that is a significant asset. Really should change how we look at some of these guys depending on who they get.

If somebody wants to do it go right ahead, just think Frk It is right and we should wait until after the Draft, this is a pretty good place at least to get the 10 guys we should list in the poll to start with.

I like doing the polls, because it is one of the few things we are all pretty positive on.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The prospect polls and prospect discussion that goes along with it is one of my favorite parts about this board. Definitely positive, and always a good place for constructive sharing of opinions and it generally always stays on topic.

For me Sproul and Jurco are two huge risers and I will probably vote for them a lot higher than most. I also think they also have the two highest ceilings for Red Wings prospects.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not for sure on this, but kind of feeling this way right now.

1.) Jarnkrok
2.) Tatar
3.) Mrazek
4.) Ouellet
5.) DeKeyser (he can go down, we should probably list him when we start doing this)
6.) Sheahan
7.) Jurco
8.) Sproul (probably the highest ceiling but farther away than a lot of people are saying)
9.) Ferraro
10.) Jensen
11.) Frk
12.) Backman
13.) Tvrdon
14.) Marchenko
15.) Pulkkinen
16.) Athanaisou
17.) Paterson
18.) * If they sign him Luke Glendening
19.) Almqvist
20.) Callahan

Last cut Nedomlel

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
intentionally left out Tatar and DeKeyser who some people included as I don't personally consider them prospects

1. Jarnkrok
2. Jurco
3. Sproul
4. Mrazek
5. Ouellet
6. Sheahan
7. Backman
8. Frk
9. Jensen
10. Ferraro
11. Pulkkinen
12. Marchenko
13. Almqvist
14. Athanasiou
15. Paterson
16. Tvrdon
17. Callahan
18. Nicastro
19. Coreau
20. Marshall

a couple more notes:

Lashoff NOT considered ineligible for this list by me,I simply don't consider him to be in the top 20
if Quine were signed he would have been 15th on my list
if Glendening had a NHL contract he would be somewhere in the bottom 4 of my list

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tvrdon could be a crazy climber if his health gets better... feels like some have already given up on him.

Not me, I could be the President of that guys fan club, super excited for him to be a Pro. Really hoping he can put these injuries behind him, he has some special talent, could turn into one of those homerun out of nowhere kind of players.

I have trouble putting him a whole lot higher because of injuries, but in terms of ultimate pure potential, I think he is top 5 in this system.

Standard Tvrdon video post from a couple seasons ago.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
That already does happen, but if they wind up with Zykov or Pulock that is a significant asset. Really should change how we look at some of these guys depending on who they get.

If somebody wants to do it go right ahead, just think Frk It is right and we should wait until after the Draft, this is a pretty good place at least to get the 10 guys we should list in the poll to start with.

I like doing the polls, because it is one of the few things we are all pretty positive on.

I like doing the poll as well, I just don't have the time...

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
He's one of my favorite prospects. It's just tough to gauge how good he'll be when he comes back. Top 15 isn't bad.

pretty much how I feel about him too

if he gets a bunch of games in next year and is doing well i'd have no problem bumping him into my top 10(well depending on how the other guys on it are doing anyways,the top 10 could be really competitive)

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
1.) Jarnkrok
2.) Tatar
3.) Mrazek
4.) Ouellet
5.) DeKeyser (he can go down, we should probably list him when we start doing this)
6.) Sheahan
7.) Jurco
8.) Sproul (probably the highest ceiling but farther away than a lot of people are saying)
9.) Ferraro
10.) Jensen
11.) Frk
12.) Backman
13.) Tvrdon
14.) Marchenko
15.) Pulkkinen
16.) Athanaisou
17.) Paterson
19.) Almqvist
20.) Callahan

Last cut Nedomlel

wtf, Nedomlel last cut??? Totally kidding.

I like to see others lists, I don't discredit them at all.

Opinions are opinions.

EDIT: I didn't include Glen because he isn't a Wings prospect...yet

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Opinions are opinions.

Nedomlel is a nice player, he is like Lashoff with a mean streak. Hopefully we can fix his positioning, which we never really did with Lashoff. He is a #6 or 7 and should fight from time to time. But he is rough in his own zone and very much a project. I like him, just am waiting to see what he does at the pro level and how quickly he can get out of the ECHL where I expect him to start.

Him and Nicastro are interesting though, because they like the rough stuff, so if we can smooth out some of their game, they could make the big club without ever getting extremely high up this list. It isn't like we were all bullishly high on Andersson either. Some guys make the show by being solid and not spectacular, Nedomlel will be one of those guys if he does make it.

To be honest, I haven't really been that high on Callahan but he has grown enough defensively and the trust factor with Blashill that I just couldn't leave him off. I don't see him ever playing for the Wings, but we shall see, certainly impressed with his growth this year and his ability to cut out stupid penalties and Blashill deserves a ton of credit for that development.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
When I watch Chicago and I see Keith and Leddy play, it makes me want to see Jensen get a shot, even if it's as a call-up. They are all about 6'0" and 6'1" and fantastic skaters, and were good college players. Obviously those guys were better prospects, but I think Jensen is underrated. Don't really know if he's a "Babcock-style guy" though to be one in line to get a shot out of camp or as a call-up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
When I watch Chicago and I see Keith and Leddy play, it makes me want to see Jensen get a shot, even if it's as a call-up. They are all about 6'0" and 6'1" and fantastic skaters, and were good college players. Obviously those guys were better prospects, but I think Jensen is underrated. Don't really know if he's a "Babcock-style guy" though to be one in line to get a shot out of camp or as a call-up.

Jensen plays a more robust game than a lot of people think. He engages physically and because of his speed really closes the door on guys exceptionally well. At 6'1 and 194 lbs he is a pretty decent sized guy and will likely play over 200 lbs when all is said and done. His skating will make things interesting for him, think that alone gets him to the NHL. Also has good family bloodlines in terms of people to lean on for what it takes.

Probably gets a full season in the AHL. Jensen and Ouellet though are already close to ready in my opinion.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
1.) Jarnkrok
2.) Tatar
3.) Mrazek
4.) Ouellet
6.) Sheahan
7.) Jurco
9.) Ferraro
10.) Jensen
11.) Frk
12.) Backman
13.) Tvrdon
14.) Marchenko
15.) Pulkkinen
16.) Athanaisou
17.) Paterson
19.) Almqvist
20.) Callahan

Last cut Nedomlel

Opinions are opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad