Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #9

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What am I missing? I was saying that the CHL d-men turn pro at 20 or younger. 20 years old if they are going to the NHL or AHL and younger if they make an NHL team out of juniors which isn't very common. I was pointing out that most d-men turn pro before 22. Keep in mind I wasn't arguing that it's old for a d-men just not exactly young to be turning pro.

My point was being they turn pro at 20 because they have no choice but to. CHL players have to sign a deal within 2 years compared to an NCAA player who have to in 4 years.

If he signed with the Canes when they wanted him to he would have been playing in the AHL at 20 right with the CHL players who got signed & had no eligibility in their league anymore.

Last edited:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
My point was being they turn pro at 20 because they have no choice but to. CHL players have to sign a deal within 2 years compared to an NCAA player who have to in 4 years.

If he signed with the Canes when they wanted him to he would have been playing in the AHL at 20 right with the CHL players who got signed & had no eligibility in their league anymore.

Ok, not trying to be a dick but that doesn't change anything.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Well you were using his age as strike against him, he may not turn into anything but its a little silly to use his age & the time he turned pro against him.

I mean Gostisbehere will be turning pro at the same age likely.

I was saying he has a lot to work on, which is true. And that while he isn't old he's not exactly young either, which is also true. People reading the comment can take that any way they want, I just provided some facts.

I honestly think he's got a hot at being something in say two years or so but to say at this point considering his age and the fact that he hasn't progressed (when in college) as most woild've liked its a little far fetched to at he definitely has an NHL future.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I went with MA Bourdon, but only as a lesser of two evils between him and Akeson. If Bourdon wasn't so injury prone I would be a lot more confident in that pick but for a 23 year old, he sure has health issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad