Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #11

MichaelRaffl

Aug 13, 2009
Vilnius
to the people saying leier and noebels will make the nhl, how do you figure this with many prospects ahead of them in this poll that are expected to make the big club. Not discrediting or saying these players will not make it, because they are two prospects who intrigue me the most out of the lot but where do you see all these forwards fitting in with the big club with an already young offensive core that will most likely play together for a while

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
to the people saying leier and noebels will make the nhl, how do you figure this with many prospects ahead of them in this poll that are expected to make the big club. Not discrediting or saying these players will not make it, because they are two prospects who intrigue me the most out of the lot but where do you see all these forwards fitting in with the big club with an already young offensive core that will most likely play together for a while

With regards to Noebels and Leier, they really are suited for 3rd line/bottom six work. It's not that either guy isn't talented, but in terms of top six talent, they just are at that tier below. The work ethic is there with both guys, but they just don't quite have the skill to be a top six forward. They do possess the skill though to be high end role players and that's why I think they'll make the team in the very near future. They pretty much know what their role will be going forward and I think it's pretty safe that they'll reach their ceilings.

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
I think Noebels and Laughts (if on the team he plays 4th line center, which is not ideal for one of your better prospects) with Leier (Leier and Noebels rounding out the bottom 6). Alt I think will surprise everyone and Haag has the size and will make the team in 2 years. If Bourdon is healthy and gets back to where he was then he will fight for a spot with the big club (most likely will lose out to a numbers game). Lauridsen needs to improve on his defensive skills and footwork but did a great job when called upon. Hopefully Manning bounces back this year. Flanagan will be a bottom six, more so 4th line player. Konan was not horrible in his call up but has an optimistic ceiling of bottom pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad