#4 - Ian Mitchell (55.8%)
#5 - Gustav Forsling (44.1%)
#6 - Nicolas Beaudin (45.6%)
#7 - Jake Wise (92.3%)

images

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
People sleep on Carlsson.

He was my other option, I went with soderlund though.

I do think Carlsson will carve out a very nice career though, in fact I would not be surprised if he makes the hawks this or next year

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah this is a tough one. Think I’m gonna go Carlsson but there’s quite a few that could go here and I wouldn’t mind.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I went with the kid playing for the Nittany Lions with the most upside here and most likely to be a NHLer based on his pedigree and style of play.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Have only seen a few of these guys but Carlsson impressed a lot out of the ones I have seen so him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I went with the kid playing for the Nittany Lions with the most upside here and most likely to be a NHLer based on his pedigree and style of play.
Seems most have his upside at 3rd line centers. You think he's got more upside than that?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Seems most have his upside at 3rd line centers. You think he's got more upside than that?
yes I do, Dave Bolland type - can jump right in as a 3C but can play a few years as a solid 2C as well..play near elite away from the puck as well..I honestly do not see much of that from many of the other forwards left...defense is tricky, a few kids like Krys and Carlsson could be real good..and Hillman being a strong, steady, yet unspectacular #4/5...

the top two forwards left for me are Barratt and Edjsell with Entwhistle as a very intriguing player to keep tabs on now...the Russian kids and Kahun, I simply need to see more from.

no wrong choices here, every player here is pure projecting/speculation/whatever you want to call it..

Reactions: ClydeLee

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Really tough call, but I'm gonna say Barratt just cause I'm banking on him having a breakout season.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I’m positively surprised Kayumov gets a bit more love here now. I think people somehow still underestimate these Russian we have in our system.

Not saying he is 100% guaranteed top-6 forward but he sure does have potential.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I’m positively surprised Kayumov gets a bit more love here now. I think people somehow still underestimate these Russian we have in our system.

Not saying he is 100% guaranteed top-6 forward but he sure does have potential.
I know nothing about him, or many of the prospects left. Scott Powers influenced me on this pick.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I know nothing about him, or many of the prospects left. Scott Powers influenced me on this pick.

I’ve seen him against men in KHL ~5 games and in WJC he was quite dominant. Against men he was still not force, but he sure does have skill and speed, but he is also very smart. I could describe him untypical Russian forward because he knows how to defend too.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I've seen Altybarmakyan ranked in 2 different prospect rankings higher than Kayumov. I'm not sure how you judge them but I know people were expecting more last year from Kayumov

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I've seen Altybarmakyan ranked in 2 different prospect rankings higher than Kayumov. I'm not sure how you judge them but I know people were expecting more last year from Kayumov

Last season was kind of odd for Kayumov. He had an serious injury (broke his collarbone) and while he was with his KHL team, he sat in press-box and didn’t play in VHL/MHL like Altybarmakyan did even though he spent a lot time with KHL team. Kayumov finished his season with Lokomotiv and played in playoffs (Lokomotiv is not bad team at all and their coach was Kvartalnov who was couple years ago considered as the most potential European coach to make the jump to NHL).

Kayumov had strong WJC and was better than AA there. This season is going to be big for both of them. Altybarmakyan has played in Russia B team a lot lately and I have to think he gets good chance to be regular in SKA. Kayumov has a spot already.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I’m going Krys here. Kinda went from a tad overrated to a tad underrated in that past year. Showed well at the prospect camp. Expecting a good year from him in college and to turn pro following the season.

After Krys...Kahun, Soderland, Kayumov, Edjsell and Barratt are all kinda lumped together

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->