London, Ont.
Now it gets interesting.

#1 - Adam Boqvist
#2 - Henri Jokiharju
800226340.jpg.0.jpg

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Can't knock anyone who votes for Forsling, Mitchell, Beaudin, Wise or Sikura.

I personally like Beaudin slightly over Mitchell so I went with him, though admittedly that could change by the day. I do have a personal man crush on Sikura though, just go by upside with my picks so Beaudin wins out.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Boqvist
Jokiharju
Mitchell
Beaudin
Sikura
Wise
Forsling
Carlsson
Kahun
Söderlund
Kayumov
Altybarmakyan
Krys
Kurashev
Snuggerud
Nordgren
Gilbert

My order based on my personal view of upside. After those, it’s more trickier.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Went with Sikura because he's closer to being the finished product. Mitchell and Wise come right after for me.

That's what's interesting about these polls. People have different prisms through which they value who the better prospects are (and no one is wrong in whatever their view is).

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's what's interesting about these polls. People have different prisms through which they value who the better prospects are (and no one is wrong in whatever their view is).

:thumbu:

I think prospects should be rated higher the closer they get to the NHL. If a guy is 3-4 years out, I'll rate a guy one year out as a better prospect(usually) even if he isn't as talented. I obviously make exceptions with guys like Boqvist, who is a lottery pick with a very high potential ceiling.

For me, it's mainly because anything can happen with the guy 3-4 years out. He could flop. He could completely exceed expectations. But it's a coin flip, more or less. Whereas we know what we have in a guy that may be NHL ready, or a year out. If Sikura is projected as a middle 6 winger, I'd rate him higher than a top 6 center prospect, if Sikura was potentially going to make the team this year, and the center is 2-3+ years away from it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I go with ceiling and likelihood that they hit it.

I try to blend these together as much as possible. I sort of look at it like if I'm a GM right now how am I ranking the Hawks prospects draft board? I kind of rank/pick them as if this is a draft and it's the order I'd be taking them in said draft.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I try to blend these together as much as possible. I sort of look at it like if I'm a GM right now how am I ranking the Hawks prospects draft board? I kind of rank/pick them as if this is a draft and it's the order I'd be taking them in said draft.
Exactly my thinking.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm gonna go with Beaudin here. Probably farther away than Mitchell, and obviously Sikura is on the cusp with the Hawks.

His upside is greater for me, however.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
That's what I'm doing. Likely Beaudin after Sikura.
Yes...the bloom has worn off of Forsling a little bit. Falling back in the D queue. Unless he makes the team this year, would like to see him moved for pick(s) or a winger.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yes...the bloom has worn off of Forsling a little bit. Falling back in the D queue. Unless he makes the team this year, would like to see him moved for pick(s) or a winger.

It hasn't for me personally as we saw a lot of potential last season when he was playing well. I do think he needs to play with someone a bit more physical than Rutta and my hope is that he plays with Murphy. This would allow him to be more active offensively.

2-44
42-5
23-7

Obviously this is dependent on HJ's progression. If HJ is going to be on the Hawks I think you look to moving Rutta.

Last edited:

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
:thumbu:

I think prospects should be rated higher the closer they get to the NHL. If a guy is 3-4 years out, I'll rate a guy one year out as a better prospect(usually) even if he isn't as talented. I obviously make exceptions with guys like Boqvist, who is a lottery pick with a very high potential ceiling.

For me, it's mainly because anything can happen with the guy 3-4 years out. He could flop. He could completely exceed expectations. But it's a coin flip, more or less. Whereas we know what we have in a guy that may be NHL ready, or a year out. If Sikura is projected as a middle 6 winger, I'd rate him higher than a top 6 center prospect, if Sikura was potentially going to make the team this year, and the center is 2-3+ years away from it.

I know some prominent prospect gurus do this but I disagree. I want the prospect who is ranked higher relative to his peers regardless as to whether he is 3 years out or 1 year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm starting to fall in this camp. There's still potential there, but if it's between him and Joki cracking the roster this year, my money is on Joki.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Went with Mitchell, but realize that there is a debate to be had for multiple prospects here.

Forsling was my #1 prospect last year and he's fallen a bit for me. Think he can be a good middle pair/lower first pair guy (think Hammer without the shot blocking), but the offense he showed in the SHL and in international competitions hasn't really made an appearance when he was with the Hawks or when he was in Rockford.

Sikura is obviously nothing to scuff at, what with his 50pts NHLe, but I just wonder if he can be more than a 50pt guy. If he can be a 70pt player sometime in the next few seasons, then not having him in my top 3 will be a mistake.

Beaudin is obviously a huge wild card. A few teams were supposedly high on him, us (obviously) and Montreal are two, but most probably felt he was a reach so I'm reluctant to have him so far up. Still, Joki was a bit of a reach last year (maybe not as much as Beaudin was) and he's killed it in his D+1 year.

Wise has been impressing in camp, and his PPG last year wasn't far off from someone like Farabee (who played on the same team, but as a winger and on a better line). AD felt he could become another Schmaltz for us, and watching clips of him, I kinda see it a bit. The fact that he was a 3rd rounder a month ago is what'll probably keep him out of my top 5, but I'm still excited to see what he becomes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad