Top 15 2023 Draft Center Prospects

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know some players are playing C now, and might not in the Pros, and vice versa, but, in general, I've got;

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlson
Smith
Dvorsky
Moore
Danielson
Yager
Ritchie
Stenberg
Heidt
Edstrom
Brindley
Sawchyn
Stramel/Whitelaw

Is this about right, or am I missing someone? Having only 4 Euros strikes me as light.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I know some players are playing C now, and might not in the Pros, and vice versa, but, in general, I've got;

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlson
Smith
Dvorsky
Moore
Danielson
Yager
Ritchie
Stenberg
Heidt
Edstrom
Brindley
Sawchyn
Stramel/Whitelaw

Is this about right, or am I missing someone? Having only 4 Euros strikes me as light.

Yep, that's basically the 15/16 guys I would list except I would go with Jayden Perron over Whitelaw.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The latter is a wing, no? I know nothing about Molgaard. Is there not a Russian or Finn Center that might qualify?

I think of Brindley as a winger based on his work after Tri-City.

Dower-Nilsson is kind of like Stenberg in that I kept seeing him at wing against men and looked like at center at J20.

Is it Mukhanov?

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Smith
Ritchie
Dvorsky
Heidt
Danielson
Moore

I’m high on Yager, but don’t see him as a C at NHL level. More likely scoring winger

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlson
Smith
Dvorsky
Moore
Danielson
Yager
Ritchie
Stenberg
Heidt
Edstrom
Brindley
Sawchyn
Stramel/Whitelaw

I might be the only one but I don’t think I’d have Edstrom on my draft list. It also feels like he shot up into the first/second round for a bunch of people entirely based on the U18s.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Players that are true centers at the NHL level;

1. Bedard
2. Carlsson
3. Fantilli (fringe)
4. Dvorsky
5. Danielsson
6. Honzek
7. Moore
8. Edstrom
9. Ritchie
10. Heidt
11. Rehkopf
12. Nelson
13. Stramel
14. Cataford
15. Sawchyn

We will see about Stenberg and Smith, but they could go either as center or wing at the NHL level. I also don't know if Fantilli will workout as a center in the NHL. I think he might be on the wing

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Players that are true centers at the NHL level;

1. Bedard
2. Carlsson
3. Fantilli (fringe)
4. Dvorsky
5. Danielsson
6. Honzek
7. Moore
8. Edstrom
9. Ritchie
10. Heidt
11. Rehkopf
12. Nelson
13. Stramel
14. Cataford
15. Sawchyn

We will see about Stenberg and Smith, but they could go either as center or wing at the NHL level. I also don't know if Fantilli will workout as a center in the NHL. I think he might be on the wing
Rehkopf and Honzek have played wing all year.

Reactions: 57special

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Mølgaard has been playing center every time I've watched him. He'd be toward the bottom of this list for me, anyways.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Rehkopf and Honzek have played wing all year.
Whoops, I was thinking Honzek was a center for some reason. Rehkopf always gave me center vibes too, my bad. They both play in the center of the ice and aren't perimeter players. I think thats what confused me.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Whoops, I was thinking Honzek was a center for some reason. Rehkopf always gave me center vibes too, my bad. They both play in the center of the ice and aren't perimeter players. I think thats what confused me.
Honzek is guy some teams apparently see as center. which is why list like this is so challenging. Honzek (like Leonard) played wing all year but is viewed by some as center, while guy like Heidt played center all year but many see him as wing in NHL.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Honzek is guy some teams apparently see as center. which is why list like this is so challenging. Honzek (like Leonard) played wing all year but is viewed by some as center, while guy like Heidt played center all year but many see him as wing in NHL.
Okay, that makes sense to me. It's odd when you see these big guys that can take physical contact and don't play to the outside as wingers.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Okay, that makes sense to me. It's odd when you see these big guys that can take physical contact and don't play to the outside as wingers.
I think part of it comes down to different teams having different preferences. Some value size more in middle, others more on the wing. Some clubs view forward positions as more interchangeable while others are more structured. Regardless, teams generally value guys who have the attributes to play center even if they end up playing on wing, so you will likely see guy like Honzek drafted higher than someone who may be more skilled or productive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad