Jun 11, 2004
1.Phil Kessel (better U-18 than Frolik)
2.Bryan Little
3.Michael Frolik
4.Peter Mueller
5.Joanthan Toews
6.Jesse Joensuu
7.Alex Vasyunov

and so on and so forth, I'm not that well acquainted with next year's talent crop.

dmcilvan

Oct 25, 2004
I'd say the top 3 for the draft will be

1. Kessel
2. Frolik
3. Joensuu

I think Kessel will definately go first, but it'll be a toss-up between Joensuu and Frolik for 2nd overall. Frolik definately has more skill than Joensuu, but it may be hard for a team to pass up on Joensuu's size.

I could probably make a top 10 list, but after that, I don't have enough knowledge about the prospects to make a longer list.

Last edited:

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Leachmeister2000 said:
2.Bryan Little
3.Michael Frolik
4.Peter Mueller
5.Joanthan Toews
6.Jesse Joensuu
7.Alex Vasyunov

and so on and so forth, I'm not that well acquainted with next year's talent crop.

Joensuu at number 6?!?! :eek: you have the right to your opinion but I was just wandering what is the reasoning behind it?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I may be biased towards Little, but I feel he will really put on a clinic next year in the OHL and shine on. Joensuu, i'm not too impressed with his upside. Granted, he would be a top 5 pick any other year, but next year could have amazing top end talent. Frolik, well I just haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assessment though yeah sure he could go #1.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Habsfan 32 said:
I think it's going to be a nice battle to see who will go first between Frolik and Kessel.

Perhaps, but IMO Kessel is going to have to fall flat on his face at Minnesota in order to not be picked first overall.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Maxwell is still very much worth watching, but his season was pretty disappointing I think. I know he played better in the second half, but I expected more out of him. From what I saw in the playoffs he didn't get much ice time and didn't really impress me a whole lot. Certainly not ruling him out, but I don't know if he's deserving of being mentioned as top 10 right now.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Greg7 said:
Maxwell is still very much worth watching, but his season was pretty disappointing I think. I know he played better in the second half, but I expected more out of him. From what I saw in the playoffs he didn't get much ice time and didn't really impress me a whole lot. Certainly not ruling him out, but I don't know if he's deserving of being mentioned as top 10 right now.

Yeah, not necessarily top 10 right now, but the kid could really produce next year. He had something like 3 goals and 3 assists in the games that Dawes was at the WJC. He just needs some ice-time.

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
Why Toews isn't playing in the WHL right now? Exept for Crosby-Kessel, do you think that 2006 will be a better draft than 2005? Are Frolik-Juenssu-Little-Mueller-Toews better than Brule-Johnson-Pouliot-Ryan-Kopitar?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
2006 has a lot more top-end talent, but the depth isn't quite as good as 2005. But if you look at the 2006 draft, there are a lot of guys with "first-line scoring forward" potential.

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
My top 6:

1- Kessel
2- Frolik
3- Juenssu
4- Little
5- Mueler
6- Toews

Little could drop with his size? Toews could suprise and go higher. He have a nice scoring touch, like Mueler. I don't really know the other kids..Does someone know them?

Funkymoses

SportBoy said:
Why Toews isn't playing in the WHL right now? Exept for Crosby-Kessel, do you think that 2006 will be a better draft than 2005? Are Frolik-Juenssu-Little-Mueller-Toews better than Brule-Johnson-Pouliot-Ryan-Kopitar?

Toews is going to play at North Dakota next year.

*Two* more Gophers have the potential to be top fifteen selections next year: Kyle Okposo and Erik Johnson. :amazed: I hope Frazee flakes out or I'm going to be :rant: for the next few years.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
James Sheppard is the king from the Q. Amazing allround game in just his first season. Had to lead Cape Breton going into the playoffs as a 16 year old because of injuries.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
SportBoy said:
Why Toews isn't playing in the WHL right now?

He was drafted first overall in the bantam draft a couple years ago but decided to go the NCAA route. He could have played this year and would have put up some decent numbers. He's going to be a very good player. Highly skilled and very smart.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Leachmeister2000 said:
2.Bryan Little
3.Michael Frolik
4.Peter Mueller
5.Joanthan Toews
6.Jesse Joensuu
7.Alex Vasyunov

So it would seem.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Pipeandin said:
Who are the top Goalies and D?

Jonathan Beriner (Sp) of the Lewiston Maineiacs of Q is one Top Goalies in 2006. Decent year not much playing time because Halak (Montrael prospect) Will get the full time duties next year. He played in the U-17's for Team Alantic I think for Canada.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Funkymoses said:
Toews is going to play at North Dakota next year.

*Two* more Gophers have the potential to be top fifteen selections next year: Kyle Okposo and Erik Johnson. :amazed: I hope Frazee flakes out or I'm going to be :rant: for the next few years.
Okposo was just picked first in the USHL draft. Looks like he will be leaving Shattuck for the Buccaneers. Chad Morin was also picked #8 by Souix City. Will he follow teamate Peter Mueller to the USHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad