Top 100 prospects who don't have enough YouTube highlights?

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
I just put together a highlight video for Jacob Bernard-Docker, because I couldn't find much footage of him on YouTube. I know he's not the only prospect in that situation.

Are there any players you would like to see more of on YouTube. Post some names here, and if it's clear you've identified a real shortage situation for a player in the top 100 or so prospects, I will try to give them a better YouTube presence in time for the NHL Draft Weekend. I don't have access to all the video of every player, but I do have a lot.

I was going to pick my own players, but I'd like to see if there is consensus out there as far as what's needed.

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
Alec Regula.

Defensive defensemen are great, but it's a lot harder to come up with fan-friendly highlights. Regula is expected to be a third-round pick, but he did score a few goals. I'll pass on him for now, but keep him in mind over the next week. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Stizzle

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Albin Eriksson
Curtis Hall
Nic Beaudin
Slava Demin
Jakub Lauko
Kyle Topping
Pavel Gogolev
Matej Pekar
Tyler Madden
Riley Damiani

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
Albin Eriksson
Curtis Hall
Nic Beaudin
Slava Demin
Jakub Lauko
Pavel Gogolev
Matej Pekar
Tyler Madden
Riley Damiani

All good choices. Of that group I'm interested most in Eriksson, Beaudin, and Lauko. I have done several videos of Gogolev this season and all the other players mentioned, except maybe Lauko.

Eriksson's now on my list with Marchenko. The others I will think about. Good suggestions.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
All good choices. Of that group I'm interested most in Eriksson, Beaudin, and Lauko. I have done several videos of Gogolev this season and all the other players mentioned, except maybe Lauko.

Eriksson's now on my list with Marchenko. The others I will think about. Good suggestions.

Can you point me to the Gogolev video?

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
Jan Jenik

You mean Jan Jenik? I'm pretty light on Czech video, unfortunately. He has some international footage, but probably not enough. Would love to work on a Jenik video if I had the source material. I'll think about it, but probably wouldn't have it in time for draft weekend.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
You mean Jan Jenik? I'm pretty light on Czech video, unfortunately. He has some international footage, but probably not enough. Would love to work on a Jenik video if I had the source material. I'll think about it, but probably wouldn't have it in time for draft weekend.
Yeah sorry, my Mac has stupid autocorrect

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
Would like to see Curtis Douglas

The one video I found showed some okay skills, would like to see more

Douglas is a possibility. I know I did one YouTube video of him during the season. K'Andre Miller is another possibility, but I already did two of them during the season.

Uploading video of all of Kirill Marchenko's goals tonight and will post link to it here soon.

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
Bokk, funny enough. has some grainy highlight film, but minimal tape showing his overall game

Bokk is tough. You can come up with highlights, but it would be too much digging to do other parts of his game. I might post highlight video of him before the draft. I agree there should be more to watch. I think he's a late first-round pick, but I also think he's a definite project.

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
OK, so the Marchenko video is now up at YouTube. All of the goals he scored this season in chronological order.

What I learned by watching: This guy has amazing skills (particularly his hands) and off-the-charts hockey sense. Definitely deserves to go by the end of the first round, but the Russian thing might scare off some teams. I think he's very close to Denisenko in skill, and his hockey sense is even better than Denisenko's. But that's just me.

Anyway, enjoy the video here:

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Bokk is tough. You can come up with highlights, but it would be too much digging to do other parts of his game. I might post highlight video of him before the draft. I agree there should be more to watch. I think he's a late first-round pick, but I also think he's a definite project.
yea and from what i read, there isn't a whole heck of a lot to his game beyond the highlights, but i figured i'd ask just in case. his skill speaks for itself, my biggest interest was seeing his skating beyond the highlights. thanks in advance for any tape you may put together

hockeydraftcentral

Nov 7, 2016
Niklas Nordgren

Another good suggestion, but I have nothing of him in Finnish junior league. Would have to all be from international tournaments. I have a feeling he'll be drafted somewhere in the third or fourth round, because of his size. But he does have some great highlights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad