Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
giphy.gif

Waiting patiently...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ugh - this week is going to be murder too. Pretend I'm saying something rude while not making very good points and y'all should be fine.

If Espo didn't make it you're going to see a Macho Man cry.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
What if it's one of these pigeons that just goes to bat for like one guy per round, so the ballot is just...

1. Anze Kopitar
2. Anze Kopitar
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Anze Kopitar
5. Anze Kopitar
6. Anze Kopitar
7. Anze Kopitar
8. Anze Kopitar
9. Anze Kopitar
10. Martini Broduer

QPQ's just looking at it like "well, this is the worst job I've ever had..."

Reactions: MXD

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Waiting on a ballot correction. I’ll give it until 4pm Eastern.
: logs in to check PMs to see if it was me :

Nope, not me. [Wasn't me the last time, either.]

Amusing myself by starting in on the project "Top-players-not-on-anybody's-preliminary-list." Might give us something to talk about next time something like this happens.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Is it the kind of mistake that can't possibly change whom ISN'T voted in? Like, if the biggest effect that wrong ballot has is reshuffling between 2nd and 4th, and, say, between 8th and 9th, we could start R2V7 right away.

I mean if you're saying disqualify the voter for that round bc he's late i'm fine with that. Maybe it's something we can enforce for next round, so we don't wait around too long.

But you can't post any type of results and still accept votes after, it just skews things and opens door for cheating/strategic voting.

The only way a last vote wouldn't matter if is every top 6 candidate is more than 10 points apart. This hasn't happened in any of the first 5 votes. So the last vote can still impact order of players voted in, and players voted in.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
What if it's one of these pigeons that just goes to bat for like one guy per round, so the ballot is just...

1. Anze Kopitar
2. Anze Kopitar
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Anze Kopitar
5. Anze Kopitar
6. Anze Kopitar
7. Anze Kopitar
8. Anze Kopitar
9. Anze Kopitar
10. Martini Broduer

QPQ's just looking at it like "well, this is the worst job I've ever had..."

At least the worst unpaid one.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The only way a last vote wouldn't matter if is every top 6 candidate is more than 10 points apart. This hasn't happened in any of the first 5 votes. So the last vote can still impact order of players voted in, and players voted in.

If player #6 can't "overtake" player #5, then he's up for voting next round, and the round can start.

Whether Player #2 passes Player #1 is totally irrelevant since both players won't be up for voting the next round.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If player #6 can't "overtake" player #5, then he's up for voting next round, and the round can start.

Whether Player #2 passes Player #1 is totally irrelevant since both players won't be up for voting the next round.

Can still easily skew results.

Let's say I have Makarov 1, Fetisov 2 in my ballot. Then I find out both are going through anyways. Well - i'm concerned most will have Fetisov > Makarov, so I decide to bump Makarov up to #1, and NR Fetisov, and it ends up ranking Makarov above.

It's not like i'm saying people are here waiting to try and cheat the system or anything - it's just, once results are posted i think that should be final. Can't vote after, or it opens the door to such things.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Can still easily skew results.

Let's say I have Makarov 1, Fetisov 2 in my ballot. Then I find out both are going through anyways. Well - i'm concerned most will have Fetisov > Makarov, so I decide to bump Makarov up to #1, and NR Fetisov, and it ends up ranking Makarov above.

It's not like i'm saying people are here waiting to try and cheat the system or anything - it's just, once results are posted i think that should be final. Can't vote after, or it opens the door to such things.

... That wouldn't be possible, unless you were the one with the faulty ballot in the first place, and unless you had one of Makarov or Fetisov twice.

I mean, the time period between the opening of the thread and the opening of the voting is already quite short.

Maybe my suggestion doesn't apply at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad