Top-100 Hockey Players of All-Time - Round 2, Vote 13

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Based solely on his color commentating, I would be stunned if Terry Crisp was a good coach from a tactical perspective...

Agreed. I don’t understand why they flushed McCrimmon for disagreeing with a coach they were firing. Surely Fletcher must have agreed with Brad to a degree. Maybe it was about money, hopefully it was, that would be less stupid. Anyway, this is off topic I’ll show myself back to the Flames board to complain about Flames PO failures.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Voted. Questions remain about pre-forward pass goaltending, but I leaned towards giving Vezina the benefit of the doubt. I came around a little on MacInnis, but still think it would be too early to put him on the list. In general, the offense-only forwards drifted to the back of the pack for me, excepting Geoffrion whose playoff resume buries most others at this stage.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I'm not nearly as compelled towards Seibert as I was before...he dropped from my last ballot actually (though, he was quite high on my previous ballot, to be fair)...I was pretty surprised at who my #1 ended up being, wouldn't have guessed that...as dumb as it is to say, I wouldn't have guessed this player would have ever been a #1 on my ballot regardless of who was available...

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Based solely on his color commentating, I would be stunned if Terry Crisp was a good coach from a tactical perspective...

But I hear he's a good guy.
According to Fletcher, Crisp was furiously diagramming a play on the board, showing Makarov where he wanted him to be on the ice. Makarov took the chalk away from Crisp and crossed everything out and started diagramming his own plays, just as furiously. Finally, Makarov paused, turned to Crisp and said: "Tikhonov. Bad guy. Good coach. You? Good guy. Bad coach."

Source

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Seibert=multipurpose agent on skates.

Got a back-guard role to fill, he'll fill it. Man the Bridge on your Power-Play? Check. Be your penultimate line-of-defense on your Penalty-Kill? Check. Move the puck? Check. Be an imposing Physical Presence? Check. Not necessarily elite at everything (though I'd say he was an elite physical presence), but darned good for a lot of things.

He commanded and received league-maximum plus some sub rosa emoluments for valid reasons...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Will click "Send".

I'm not too sure which one of Mahovlich or Selanne I should NR : Ended up NR'ing Selanne, but hopefully it doesn't really matter and both don't make it.

EDIT : Well, there's only 10 players, so I'll resend.

Last edited:

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Ended up NR'ing Selanne, but hopefully it doesn't really matter and both don't make it.
NR? OMJ!! Better check my ballot, to make sure I didn't f*** it up(!)
Vote 13 Candidates
  • Al MacInnis
  • Andy Bathgate
  • Bernie Geoffrion
  • Earl Seibert
  • Frank Mahovlich
  • Georges Vezina
  • Marcel Dionne
  • Scott Stevens
  • Teemu Selanne
  • Tim Horton
Oh. Okay. That's a relief.